Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Nav Tip You Will Like!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:45 PM

Maybe you don't, already, know this...

One can use Direction keys to scroll the Start menu items, listings.  Just open Start menu and begin tapping the Direction keys... can go up, down & sideways AND works on BOTH the contextual Left side AND the Live Tiles Right side. Makes moving around the Start menu, looking for & finding things there a cinch.  Try it, works really well, might like it better than mousing.

Cheers,
Drew
thO622AIFO_zpsncnl0jup.jpg

Edited by hamluis, 16 May 2015 - 07:46 AM.
Moved from Win 10 to Tips/Tricks - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,544 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:53 PM

Is it me or you can do that in pretty much every version of Windows since the Start Menu was implemented? This isn't new only to Windows 10. I do it all the time, and this since Windows 98.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Drew1903

Drew1903
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2015 - 10:20 PM

Right, it's not new, in principle.  However, many are not aware of it AND it is a handy way to move around the 'combo' Start menu of Win10; through both the list AND OR the Tiles.

Cheers,
Drew

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,544 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2015 - 10:21 PM

Well I guess this could be posted in the "Tips and Tricks" section more than this one if you ask me.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 Drew1903

Drew1903
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2015 - 10:58 PM

Well I guess this could be posted in the "Tips and Tricks" section more than this one if you ask me.

Oh, maybe; I put it here cause it works nicely w/ the Win10 'combo' Start menu AND a lot because I knew it would not be allowed in the Tutorials section.

Cheers,
Drew

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,544 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:00 PM

There's a section called "Mini Guides and How To" that is different from the Tutorials section. That's where I thought it should had been posted.

unite_blue.png

#7 Drew1903

Drew1903
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:37 PM

There's a section called "Mini Guides and How To" that is different from the Tutorials section. That's where I thought it should had been posted.

Um, ok. reckon if it's thought to be a big enough deal the powers that be might move it, who know.  But, I am starting to regret having bothered to put it in anywhere, @ all.

Cheers,
Drew

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users