Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange laptop issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CasCollins

CasCollins

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:48 PM

When I start up my laptop and get to desktop, avast and SAS icons don't appear in system tray even though task manager says they are running. Sticky notes also doesn't appear like it normally does.
There are 3 or 4 chrome processes that I see in task manager as well as an HGWC.exe that can't be ended with end task. I get an access is denied error when I do so. I know HGWC belongs to one of my games but having uninstalled that game the .exe is still in manager even after restart as well as a folder that says I need permission to delete even though I'm administrator.
Help please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CasCollins

CasCollins
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:26 PM

Wow. I restarted the laptop instead of shutting it down and turning it back on. Got a windows update thing after pressing restart and when it got to desktop afterwards, things were back to normal. Think I solved my problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users