BSOD Posting Instructions
Windows 10 - 8.1 - 8 - 7 - Vista
1. Download the Sysnative BSOD Dump + System File Collection App - save to Documents folder - http:https://www.sysnative.com/blogs/download/sysnativebsodcollectionapp-exe/
2. Run the Sysnative app - Double-click on the downloaded EXE file
The two outputs from the Sysnative app are:
- new folder created in Documents, SysnativeFileCollectionApp
- a zipped version, SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip
3. Create a new topic by clicking HERE, and be sure to:
- attach the SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip file to the message
- include the information requested in Step 4, below
NOTE: The app auto-zips the SysnativeFileCollectionApp output folder. It is located in your Documents folder. Windows Explorer should open and highlight the zipped folder - SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip
** If the app seems to hang with the message "...Waiting for SystemInfo..." for more than 5 minutes -- kill the app; manually zip the output folder; attach to your post. If you need assistance with this, please post requesting such. Thank you and apologies in advance.
Please do not modify the output files
4. In your new topic, please either
Publish a Speccy system snapshot and provide the web address for it in your message. Here are downloadable step-by-step instructions
or provide the answers for as many of the following as you can:
· System Manufacturer
· Exact model number (if laptop, check the label on bottom)
· OS - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, or Vista? If Windows 10, please include the Version number and Build Number.
Under Windows 10, to obtain this information hit the Windows Key, type "winver", hit Enter.
· x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit)?
· What was original installed OS on system?
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)?
· Age of the computer (hardware)
· Age of OS installation - and whether you have re-installed the OS
· Laptop or Desktop computer?
· Video Card
If Desktop please also include:
· Power Supply - brand & wattage
5. While waiting for a reply, please run the memory and hard drive diagnostics documented near the top of this webpage:
You need only do the first two listed at the top initially. If further diagnostics are desired the person assisting you will request them.
Regards. . .
Edited by britechguy, 15 July 2017 - 10:44 PM.
Minor tweaks to latest wording