Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random Programs running in PC background and keep reopening after I close them

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Morgebby00

Morgebby00

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 15 May 2015 - 10:00 AM

Hello, I would like some help reguarding a malaware I may have picked up somewhere. Let me start from the beggining.
About 3 days ago my PC kept asking me to update and it was very persistant, so after awhile, I let my PC run the update (It's verified publisher was Microsoft) ... After I had the "Ok" button , I went into one of my games that usually runs very smoothly and it started acting VERY slow (freezing every few seconds). I then went into task manager and saw a bunch of random programs running that I had not started. At first, I just closed all of the programs and that it was all good, but the programs (like Notepad, CTF loader, Windows Command Processer, Windows Presentation Foundation Host, etc.) still just kept re-opening themselves and not going away >_> So, I decided to run a few scans using AVG 2014 and Malawarebytes. The Malawarebytes didn't turn up anything, but the AVG scan picked up a few threats and removed them. After the AVG scan, the processes stopped starting up and I assumed that AVG had taken care of it. I was wrong >_>
Last night, all of the programs started opening again (http://prntscr.com/75hqxr) and I started the AVG scan again and let it run through the night. This morning, AVG said there were no threats detected but now media player had also started running in the background and was playing some kind of skincare advertisement. I'd love to get some help on this and how I can remove it :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Morgebby00

Morgebby00
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 15 May 2015 - 10:01 AM

I also forgot to mention, a bunch of random websites are in my web history. I did not visit any of these!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users