Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is my wifi card bad?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bkweibley

bkweibley

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:27 AM

Ok so my laptop was running very slow, I was having issues with it and figured the best thing to do was to wipe it clean and start over.  My laptop had the backup saved in a partition on the harddrive so i went threw and cleaned and reinstalled everything to factory.  Now my internet drops pretty frequently.  I didnt have the issue before reinstall and I can stream youtube or anything else on my tablet, phone and ps4 with no issues at all so this tells me the issue is with my computer.  I double checked to make sure I have the newest drivers for my wifi card but that didnt change anything.  Is my card going bad or is there something else going on here?  When ever I loose connection I just hit the button on my keyboard to turn the wifi off and hit it again to turn it right back on and everything is fine again for 5 or 10 minutes...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,638 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:36 AM

What is the make and model of the laptop?  Also do the following. Right click your Network Adapter (wireless) in Device Manager. Select Properities and under the details tab select HardwareIDs in the dropdown box. Copy and paste the first line in your next post. There should also be a power managment tab. Make sure the box that lets Windows turn off power to the device is unchecked.

What OS are you using and is it 32 or 64bit?  Have you completed all updates including available service packs?

See this page on Connectivity issues. You may want to set your power managment to Maximum Performance.

#3 bkweibley

bkweibley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:35 PM

Toshiba Satellite P755-S5390

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0083&SUBSYS_13058086&REV_00
The box to let windows turn off power to device was checked so I unchecked it.  
Windows 7 64 bit.  All updates and service packs were taken.  I will wait a few minutes to see if that box being checked was the issue.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users