Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Brutaly Slow Computer - Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan_Flaherty

Ryan_Flaherty

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:50 AM

About 2 weeks ago my comptuer started acting up.

I cannot figure out whats going on..... I have run MalWare Bytes and have Panda virus protection but neither of them are finding anything.

Can you help me out to see if something is lurking in the background.

Computer is almost unusable its so slow......

Thanks,

Ryan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:57 AM

About 2 weeks ago my comptuer started acting up.

"acting up" how? Please be specific when describing what you mean by "acting up".

#3 Ryan_Flaherty

Ryan_Flaherty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:03 AM

When clicking on any program it takes 2 to 3 min to open up.

I have been getting a lot of shockwave has crashed errors from chrome and mozilla browsers.

This is a fairly nice machine I7 been very quick for programming at work.

tasks (opening email for example) was instant is now go get a cup of coffee and it might be ready when you get back.

RYan

#4 PuReinSAniTY

PuReinSAniTY

• Members
  • 432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:26 PM

hello please download malwarebytes anti malware from http://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/ and run a threat scan. Please post the log for me to review

they call me te java mayster

#5 Alternative

Alternative

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 PM

Posted 17 May 2015 - 06:07 PM

So you can open emails instantly all the time? But whenever you open something with Flash or any app (even Malwarebytes) it crawls? Is there any pattern on the slowness, e.g. does it just bog out at random times, only when you open an app or always?

My first thought is bad memory since you said MWB didn't find anything. Depending on when this happens you might also be thrashing. But run that scan when you get a chance and let us know when exactly the lag happens.

#6 PuReinSAniTY

PuReinSAniTY

• Members
  • 432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:47 AM

Could be bad memory...Have you defraged you're drive lately? Also please press the windows button + r  "services.msc and change unneeded services from running automatically.

they call me te java mayster

#7 Ryan_Flaherty

Ryan_Flaherty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2015 - 01:15 PM

Sorry for the slow reply. It ended up being the hard drive. Very strange that the computer got slow to respond but still worked. New hard drive has been installed and all is well!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users