Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton power eraser comes up with Error 0x80070005,n44,n66

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 sdots

sdots

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:36 AM

Hello,

I tried to install Norton Internet security, but it wont install, Norton Power Eraser comes up with the above mentioned message. 

Kindly help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gunto

Gunto

Bleepin' Reject Phoenix

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:57 PM

Hi, sdots! I'm going to try to help you out. :)

Before we get started, here are some things I need you to remember:

• Please don't make any changes to your computer, or run programs, without asking me first! This will make it practically impossible for me to assist you.
  • Always read my posts completely before doing anything, and follow the instructions in the order I give them to you, unless stated otherwise.
  • If you're getting help elsewhere, or have already resolved the problem, please let me know so I can close this thread.
  • Please respond to me within five days of me replying to you. If you need more time, please let me know. I will close topics that I have not received a response from within five days.
  • Please be patient with me. I need some time to analyze your logs and responses so I can correctly help you. I should respond to you within two days, but if I haven't, please send me a PM! I may have missed your response. Bribing me with candy for faster replies is not advised.
  • If something goes wrong, you don't understand something, or you don't know what to do, please stop and ask me before proceeding with any further steps!

First, let's run a scan with FRST to get some more information.

Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

I need you to run a scan with FRST.

• Download the version of FRST that is designed for your system from here, and save it to your desktop. If you don't know which one is designed for your system, download both and try running both. Only one will work correctly, and that's the one you need to use.
  • Double click the program to run it. Accept the disclaimer and click the Scan button.
  • Once it's done scanning, FRST will create two logs on your desktop, FRST.txt and Addition.txt. Please copy and paste both into your reply, one at a time.

Gunto

Beautiful avatar by Plumbeck!

Bury me in honor; when I'm dead and hit the ground, a love back home, it unfolds...

#3 Gunto

Gunto

Bleepin' Reject Phoenix

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,291 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:42 AM

Hi,

It's been three days since my last post, so I am bumping the topic just in case you missed my previous reply. If you need more time to get back to me, please let me know, because I'll assume you're inactive otherwise.

If I still haven't heard from you in two days, this topic will be locked, so please get back to me by then.

Gunto

Bury me in honor; when I'm dead and hit the ground, a love back home, it unfolds...

#4 Gunto

Gunto

Bleepin' Reject Phoenix

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,291 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:54 AM

This topic is now locked due to the lack of feedback.

If you still need help, please send me (or any moderator if I am unavailable) a PM asking for this topic to be unlocked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users