Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stability of Motherboard in Case

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 NotWill

NotWill

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:24 PM

So upon installing my new motherboard, I realize that for whatever reason, only the screw on the outside were lining up correctly. So I have 4 screws all on the outer rim of the motherboard installed, but not any of the others. 

Is it safe to stand my PC upright, or should I just keep it laid on its back?

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,050 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:22 PM

Maje sure you are powered down look at the screw patterns again, you should have several.  Only time that I run into an unlike pattern is when the case is meant to house another type board.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 NotWill

NotWill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:36 PM

I checked again, they are all just the TINIEST bit off, but I really can't get to them. The boards seems pretty secure though, but I don't want to risk anything by putting it upright.

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,050 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:45 PM

I have a hunch you may not have all the stand offs in place, or you tightened a few screws and no the board won't move.  You need to get all started but lose once all are in go around and do all then.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,371 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:08 AM

What is the make and model of the motherboard and the case?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users