Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

outlook.com active view not working for YouTube videos

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 witchswan

witchswan

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:34 PM

Since May 7th every YouTube video link sent to my hotmail email account that I view on outlook.com is showing the same video telling me there is a problem.  This is also affecting every email including older ones.  The actual link that was sent appears under the video box.  I know of 2 other people experiencing the same problem.  Started a help request on the MS help forum a week ago, but no help has been forthcoming.  Here is a screen shot showing what is happening

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae31/witchsue11/mshelp_zpsanucy82m.jpg

Going to the web page YouTube displays the link for it does seem that the fault lies with outlook.com and not our computers.  Can someone please tell me if I read this page properly or do I have to make any adjustments to my system.  I use a desktop Windows 7 X64 SP1.  Flash player, browsers and Windows are all fully updated.  It is the same with all 3 browsers, Firefox, IE and Chrome.  Firefox has many add-ons, Chrome and IE have none.  I`m desperate as I receive between 5 and 40 video links a day and not knowing what each one is before clicking to go to YouTube is taking far too much time.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6098135?p=yt_devicesupport&hl=en&rd=1

This seems to be the relevant information at the top of the above link

If you see this video in your YouTube app’s video feeds, your device is affected. (Note: If the video appears unexpectedly in a web browser, it means that website is using an outdated method to access YouTube videos.)

Edited by witchswan, 14 May 2015 - 02:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 witchswan

witchswan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 24 May 2015 - 04:12 PM

Hmmmm, 10 days, 410 views, no replies.  Have I asked an unanswerable question?  Many others are experiencing the same thing, but so far no-one has received any help at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users