Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello From Sunny Southern Cal!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pdmike

pdmike

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:25 AM

Let's get this out of the way right off the bat - I'm an old guy.  I will turn 76 in November.  But I am remarkably spry for my age, so all young women here, please take notice.  I do have a wife of some

53 years who I guess I have some kind of a commitment to, but, well . . . .

Just kidding about all of the above except the wife, my age, the spry and the commitment.  I mention my age so you all will know that I was not born computer literate.  Had to learn it, which I have done just enough to be able to join a forum like this.

We live in a suburb of Los Angeles.  Same house for the past 43 years.  Our two sons are much older than probably most of you.  They have long ago flown the nest and are doing just fine, thank you very much.  I am a lawyer by trade, and am still working as a deputy public defender, which I have been doing for the past 24 years.  Prior to that, I was in private practice for, well, you do the math.  Why haven't I retired?  I love my job and what else would I do?  I will retire someday, but not now.

I used to play a lot of golf, but not since last August, when I got into a fight with a ladder in my garage and broke my leg.  Arrrgh!  Not good if you are a golfer.  Tip No. 1: If you are going to put something up in the loft of your garage, and you are up on a ladder doing so, don't put both arms up, onto the loft.  It takes most of your weight off the ladder and the slightest movement will then cause the ladder to fall outd from under you, leaving you hanging from a cross-beam in the loft.  Tip No. 2: If you find yourself in the position of Tip No. 1, don't keep your leg stiff as you drop to the floor of the garage.  Most garage floors are made out of hard material, such as concrete, and even though the drop is not very high above the floor, hitting with a stiff leg can be very damaging to your tibular plateau.  

My wife is a retired court transcriber but that's not how we met.  We met in the 4th grade.  Now she knits a lot but her main pastime is acting as my guidance counselor in all phases of my life.  Our beloved golden retriever (Missie) went to the Rainbow Bridge in 2004.  We have not replaced her yet but may someday - maybe when I retire.

I could go on and on - us lawyers love to talk and all people love to talk about themselves.  But I think it's time to hit the forums and find out how to rid my wife's computer of thousands of unwanted ads.

Glad to be aboard!  

pdmike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,771 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 09 June 2015 - 06:26 AM

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

As a new member be sure to read the Welcome to Bleeping Computer! Guide and the following....
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 pdmike

pdmike
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:07 AM

Thanks.  Will do. 

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,771 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:33 PM

:thumbup2:
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 TechTorpedo

TechTorpedo

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:38 PM

Maybe one more trip to the loft is in order, to hide your wifes computer if its packed full of ads :)

#6 pdmike

pdmike
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:14 PM

It is not packed full any more - thanks to Alex on this site.  She fixed me up like a charm.  Everything smooth as glass now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users