Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Access

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 utopian86

utopian86

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:00 AM

Hi guys

Is it possible for microsoft access to create this inventory stock card?

nck391.png

So each time a car is rented out, we will input the the date and also the mileage when they return the car.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 DM27

DM27

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:30 PM

Hello Utopian86,

Not sure if you have found a solution to your question, but the short answer is yes. How familiar are you with setting up a database (tables, forms, etc?)

Sincerely,

David

#3 utopian86

utopian86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:40 PM

Mostly the basic only.
I studied for 1 semester during my degree course. Might need a lot of help with this.

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,978 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:08 PM

Looking at your OP, if that is a fair representation of the amount of data you wish to store, using Access is a bit like taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut. Have you considered using Excel or a similar spreadsheet ?

Unless you are operating a very large number of cars it would be perfectly easy to set up a spreadsheet with one page per car and columns for the data you want to store. Assuming that you want to run some analysis on this data as well as merely logging it that too should be easy enough in Excel.

Chris Cosgrove

#5 utopian86

utopian86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:44 AM

Yea, I did consider excel. It'll need to create close to 300 excel page. During the car replacement period, it can reach up to 600 page.
Apart from that, we still need to keep database after the car is being replace for 7 years as required by the government. :/

#6 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,978 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 23 May 2015 - 07:04 PM

I withdraw my suggestion !

With that many Access or similar may well be your best bet. I don't know if it still does, but it used to come with a fairly comprehensive tutorial called 'The Northwind Company'  which was very well written and took you through most of the usual processes. You might find that helpful if it is installed on your version. It's a long time since I played with Access so I can't offer much more help than that.

Chris Cosgrove

#7 utopian86

utopian86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:20 AM

No worries Chris.

I'm still looking back at my old textbook to relearn the basics

0 user(s) are reading this topic