Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Driver Problem

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 happy_oz

happy_oz

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 04 July 2006 - 08:51 PM

ok this pc wasnt being use for awhile because the power supplie had died...after being replaced the pc now comes up witha blue page me that it is going to dump files .i am running xp.i thought at first that it may be a malaware problem so wrote in the hijack this thread and was told to come here for some help.sory if i havnt given enough info...ask what ever you need to know.thank you. h o.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 happy_oz

happy_oz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2006 - 02:15 AM

bump........................

can anyone please help?.ty.

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 20 July 2006 - 02:24 AM

What exactly does the error screen say.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 20 July 2006 - 02:54 PM

What makes you believe it is a driver problem?

#5 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 20 July 2006 - 05:21 PM

What makes you believe it is a driver problem?

I found the HJT log thread HERE.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#6 happy_oz

happy_oz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:08 PM

yes i was told on that hjt thread that it sounds like a driver problem and the blue screens says somthing about the drivers....the screen says alot so it is hard to read ...plus it says its going to dump files if any button isnt pressed so i tend to press any button for i dont know what files are about to be dumped and lost.i will try to read as much as i can and write it down.this problem is driving us crazy..pc usully dose this at the worst times and has happened 3 times this morning wich is more often than usual.ty. h o.

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,076 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2006 - 08:44 AM

Don't worry about the dump - it's just terminology that the computer is dumping it's memory to a file (that can be analyzed by a technician).

If the Blue Screen (also called the BSOD - Blue Screen of Death) flashes by too quickly for you to read - try this: Go to Start...Control Panel...System...Advanced tab...Startup and Recovery Settings button. Then uncheck the box that says "Automatically restart". The next time you get a BSOD the computer will stop there so you can copy the info down.

You can also use the instructions at this link to help find the error: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

BSOD's are generally the result of hardware problems. And, it's been my experience that the majority of these problems are due to bad/corrupt drivers.

So, you'll need to get all the numbers and descriptions of the error message for us to have a look at. You're looking for (on the BSOD) a long string of numbers and letters like this: 0x0000007b. It may be preceded by the word STOP.

Also, the symbolic name should be present. You'll recognize it by the underline marks between words (ex: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE). Finally, there may also be a file name listed (such as win32k.sys).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 happy_oz

happy_oz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2006 - 03:30 AM

ok thank you very much usamsa.....i'll have a look at what you are saying and see if i can follow and get back with what i find out.thanks again.happy oz.

#9 happy_oz

happy_oz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2006 - 10:56 PM

ok these are the num bers at the bottom of the page...hope they are what you needed ....ask me plz if there is anything thing else you need to know.

0x0000001A ( 0X00003451,0Xc03d1c74,0x81c16a08,0x00000000)

it also says at the top that it is- memory_management

thanks for your help.h o .

#10 happy_oz

happy_oz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2006 - 12:11 AM

ok just after posting last post it crashed agin...this time i noticed for the 1st time(maybe not the 1st time it has appeaeared on the blue screen)

kmixer.sys,adress f34dad5d,base at f3cc8000,date stamp 41107d34

ok hope this helps any.h o.

#11 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2006 - 07:10 AM

The important part of your stop message is: 0x0000001A, or 0x1A for short. Here are some articles about that particular stop message:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=282504

http://www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

#12 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2006 - 09:01 AM

Go to your device manager and see if there are any yellow or red warning icons in Sound Video and Game controllers.

If there is, update the driver on the entry with the warning icon.

#13 happy_oz

happy_oz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2006 - 09:03 PM

ok ...im sure were you meen where to look...h o.

#14 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2006 - 07:30 AM

To see the device manager go to:

Start > right click on My Computer > Manage > Device Manager

A list of hardware opens up in the right payne. This is where you would look for yellow or red exclamation points or question marks.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

#15 happy_oz

happy_oz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2006 - 05:17 PM

ty for the explenation......ok i looked down that list and there is a yellow question mark for - other devices...wich was already expanded and has a yellow (!) and a yelow (?) and says pci modem......i then clicked on the modem and said for me to reinstall if i wanted to ....ummmmm.....so i did...at he end of the instilation it said that its signature wasnt recognised or regestered (forgot wich one...but somthing like that)....and that i probly shouldnt load it( at the bottom in the tool bar it said it had already been loaded and the yellow (!) (?) had gone so i pressed finished button hoping it was the right thing to do anyway)...well while writting this message it hasnt crashed yet!......did i do the right thing.....or am i to exitable and made more of a problem possibly :thumbsup: . .it now says modems ...instead of -other devices and when expanted it says - motorola sm56 speaker phone
- standard 56000 pbs modem

now this prob got even worse over the last few days happening from the 1-2 times a day to 15 times a day...well in last few days we have been getting a error for iexplore.exe ...and close sall pages down or just the one im working on....dont know if conected at anyway but but it started happening when pc started getting real bad.

well i'll see how this goes throu the day.....if you think that ive done what i have to do let me know or if theres anything else that needs to be done.thank you .h o.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users