Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System file error 1073741515

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#1 Oberion

Oberion

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:28 AM

I am having an issue downloading anything. I keep getting the message. Also I can not open or run system programs due to the same error message. any thoughts.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Oberion

Oberion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:30 AM

would have helped if I unclouded the message System file error 1073741515

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:58 AM

Hi Oberion :)

If you configure a clean boot, then restart your computer, are you able to download files and launch programs freely?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 Oberion

Oberion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2015 - 12:28 AM

I tried that and it willnot let me do it anything I try to do I get the same file system error

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:29 AM

If you boot in Safe Mode with Networking, are you able to download files and launch programs? Instructions on how to proceed can be found in the link below.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/#windows8

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#6 Oberion

Oberion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:28 PM

if I try to log in using safe mode I have no internet

#7 Oberion

Oberion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:29 PM

all I did before this happened was to run cache cleaner program and the all the trouble started. but have used this program before with no issues

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:33 PM

Do you mean "CCleaner"? If so, did you use the Registry Cleaner function?

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#9 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 18 May 2015 - 02:32 AM

Hello,

Please try Start Windows 8 in safe mode and select Safe Mode With Networking, ..........

Or - Go to an Elevated Command Prompt in Windows 8 , type sfc /scannow and press enter. That will invoke the system file checker.

The SFC Command will inspect all of the system files and replace any that it deems to be corrupt or otherwise damaged with a fresh copy.

Tell us what happens when you try this -

Thank You ..

Edited by noknojon, 18 May 2015 - 02:47 AM.

#10 Oberion

Oberion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:06 AM

ok I tried that command prompt. I get a message saying there is no file associated with preforming this action

#11 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:07 AM

Can you answer my questions in post #8 please? Also, did you run the SFC command under a normal boot, or Safe Mode boot?

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#12 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 18 May 2015 - 06:11 PM

Is this for Microsoft Office? Then that must be uninstalled, and may be installed later....

Delete all temp files - not with CCleaner, but use this method in Normal Mode.

Start > Type “%temp%” in the start / search box

Press Enter

Wait for files to load then delete all files

Now just type  “temp” in the search field of the start menu

Press Enter

In the box that comes up (System Properties) click Advanced Tab and then Environment Variables

Under "User Variables" for (your name). click on any that show up (Wait for files to load) and then click Delete

If you receive the message, do you see a small window with  lsass.exe - Operation Failed

The requested operation was unsuccessful

Reboot your computer.  At the manufacturer's logo start tapping F8.  Select Safe Mode with Networking. 

Download the following tool and run a full scan to ensure you've not been infected with malware.  http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=16

As a precaution I also advise you to disable system restore because malware is known to hide in restore points.

Disable system restore >>   http://support.microsoft.com/kb/264887

When finished, reboot into Windows. 

Retry running System File Checker ( sfc /scannow ) as advised.  Note the space between c and / as it must be there to work correctly.

When finished, re-enable system restore.

Edited by noknojon, 18 May 2015 - 06:34 PM.

#13 Oberion

Oberion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:40 AM

no I did not run the registry cleaner portion of the program

#14 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:45 AM

When you open the elevated command prompt (command prompt with Admin Rights) to enter the sfc /scannow command, where is the command prompt pointing at? Normally, it should point at C:\WINDOWS\system32>.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#15 Oberion

Oberion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:09 AM

tried fix in comment #12 now I have no sound either. I will not open the elevated command prompts, says there is nothing associated with item. will not find either of the commands in topic #14

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users