Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

13 May Widows Update causes 0xc0000022 Error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wolfs

wolfs

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:46 PM

Did an overnight backup on my Win7-64 hpdv2 notebook.  This morning, was greeted by the message:

“The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022); Click OK to close the application” 

Bottom line, after several hours of flailing, I was able to do a System Restore, and got the computer working.

Noticing that a Windows update was waiting, I launched that.  It was a 150 MB update.  At the end of the update, a restart was required.  So, I restarted and  got....

“The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022); Click OK to close the application” 

I've just done another System Restore and the computer is working again.  Therefore, clearly, the latest Win 7 Update has some kind of fatal error in it -- at least for my computer.

Here are some of the things I tried that did not work:
  • Going to SafeMode - all I got was a BLACK screen with SafeMode in the corners but nothing else showing.  The SafeMode solution on the net and advises you to reload a set of drivers or DLL's.  But you can't do that with a blank, black SafeMode screen.
  • System Repair, using the Repair disk
  • System Restore DID NOT APPEAR TO WORK - got an error message in Repair Disk mode that the restore was not successful and the system had not been rolled back.  However, I accidentally triggered a restart after the "unsuccessful" restore and it turns out that the restore DID work.  The system had been rolled back!
    Further, on the second use of the Repair Disk, I got the same "unsuccessful" restore, but the computer was restored.
I've turned off Windows Automatic Update, hoping that MS will fix the problem.  I hope you don't run into the same problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 PhotoAce

PhotoAce

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:36 PM

Read this thread to see if it covers your situation:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575721/some-files-cannot-be-repaired/

#3 wolfs

wolfs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:17 AM

Your suggested link could be right on!  It points to one of MS's security updates as the cause of the disaster.  Sure enough, in the updates that were in the installation queue was that specific update KB3022345.  To determine if that was the problem, I will do the update without ..2345 to see if the problem is solved.  If there are any postings by folks with my problem, I'll do that soon.

To do it right, one should install the updates one at a time until the problem appears -- but that would take hours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users