Hello. I needed to do a clean install of my Windows 7 and a friend suggested me to use Drivermax to backup drivers. The backup part went fine but when I had to restore the drivers using the software I was tired and on auto-pilot and I accidently agreed to install something else too in between drivers(don't remember exactly what). After that ads started coming up on new tbs and pages while using chrome or IE, mostly russian (with .ru in the adress), and sometimes a small window in the bottom right of the screen pops up in windows start up. I tried adwcleaner, mcafee and malwarebytes but they found nothing, so I did another clean install of Win7 (without drivermax this time) and it seemed to work but after a few hours the ads came back and here I am.
Although malwarebytes found nothing on scan, it notifies me this several times while Im browsing:
Malicious Site Blocked
Process: C:\Program Files (x8...plication\chrome.exe
p.s. I tried pasting the FRST log on the post but it gave me an error report saying it was too long.
Edited by Guhik, 13 May 2015 - 09:19 PM.