Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ads keep popping up on all browsers, and on windows startup.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guhik

Guhik

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:12 PM

Hello. I needed to do a clean install of my Windows 7 and a friend suggested me to use Drivermax to backup drivers. The backup part went fine but when I had to restore the drivers using the software I was tired and on auto-pilot and I accidently agreed to install something else too in between drivers(don't remember exactly what). After that ads started coming up on new tbs and pages while using chrome or IE, mostly russian (with .ru in the adress), and sometimes a small window in the bottom right of the screen pops up in windows start up. I tried adwcleaner, mcafee and malwarebytes but they found nothing, so I did another clean install of Win7 (without drivermax this time) and it seemed to work but after a few hours the ads came back and here I am.

Although malwarebytes found nothing on scan, it notifies me this several times while Im browsing:

Malicious Site Blocked
Domain: owpawuk.ru
Ip: 5.149.255.156
Door: 63503
Type: Outbound
Process: C:\Program Files (x8...plication\chrome.exe

p.s. I tried pasting the FRST log on the post but it gave me an error report  saying it was too long.

Attached Files

Edited by Guhik, 13 May 2015 - 09:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guhik

Guhik
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:25 AM

While disconnected from the internet I uninstalled all browsers and deleted all temp and cache files and folders then changed my DNS and reinstalled browsers. No more ads so far, I dont know if im clean but it seems the problem is solved. 

#3 pystryker

pystryker

• Malware Response Team
  • 730 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:30 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

I close my topics if there is no response after 3 days. Please PM a moderator or myself to reopen your topic.

Please PM me only if I'm helping you with your computer issues and I have not responded in 2 days. Please remember, I'm a volunteer and sometimes life does get in the way. :)

Please stay with me until I declare your machine clean. Absence of symptoms does not ensure your machine is clean.

If you'd like to make a donation via Paypal, please click here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users