Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Performance drop on the hour

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chancedavis

Chancedavis

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:49 PM

I have been struggling with this problem for a while and now I am at my wits end about it. For a while now my computer has had major drop in performance to the point of freezing up. Usually I notice it when gaming so I thought it was a hardware problem. I no longer think that is the case.

I have checked the temps when the problem occurs and they seem to be good.

The funny thing is that these drops always seem to happen on the hour. I don't know if it is every hour but it does occur several times a day.

Anyone have any thoughts on what this could be?

Edited by Chancedavis, 13 May 2015 - 04:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:57 PM

Do you have any applications such as Antivirus or Antimalware apps running that do hourly updates? On the hour slowdowns sounds like you have some sort of 'polling' application running that 'calls' home. That's my initial thought without additional information.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Chancedavis

Chancedavis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:16 PM

The only anti malware I use is SuperAntiSpyware and I update it myself when I run a scan. I am sure it is something like that though. Something updating or similar. I just can't determine what it is. I think it started when I updated to 8.1. I have checked the Task Scheduler and Event Logs under control panel and can't seem to find anything. Is there some way to log everything my PC does and check it?

Edited by Chancedavis, 13 May 2015 - 06:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users