Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Office 2007 from one computer to another

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:18 PM

My son uses Microsoft Office 2007 on his Vista laptop computer 

I bought him a Win7 laptop computer and he would like to use his Microsoft Office 2007 on this computer

If we uninstall it from the Vista computer and can we legally install it onto the Win7 laptop?

I'll be at his house this weekend to do that for him but I've never good luck interpreting the information in a EULA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:32 PM

I believe you can; you are only installing and using on one computer at a time.  Now, if this is OEM software, I don't know if you can.  

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:48 PM

That's right Roland. If it is a purchased as a separate product it can be installed and activated on any single machine at one one. OEM licenses are tied to a particular machine, just like other MS products.

With the 2013 version MS tried to tie the product to one machine for life but there was massive backlash, so they quit that douchebaggery.

#4 cmptrgy

cmptrgy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:34 PM

That's good news, thanks. It's Microsoft Office Standard 2007 and it was purchased seperately

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users