Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Streaming Live Multicasting

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 04 July 2006 - 07:03 PM

ok, im not a web developper, im a network and pc geek. a client of mine wanted tobuild a website, now issues is, he wants to be able to UL streaming live video feeds for a cooking show.(so he says lol). he wants 3 cameras using firewire to multicast the feeds to its members on demand, all live not recorded. The only way i could think of would be 3 seperate servers using gigabit nics and each with a t-3 line. pretty costly really. im not sure it can be effectively done otherwise, but i wanted to bounce it off here to see if anyone else has done something similar. he also wants a pretty high bitrate ont he feed for full screen viewing.

any takers? lol
dave
Google...Google.....browse..read

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Snapper

Snapper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 04 July 2006 - 07:55 PM

well, somwhat answering my own question, here is a link for others that may also be wondering
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/tutorials/delivery.html

but moer ideas will be helpful too.
Google...Google.....browse..read

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users