Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

gpu fan spins but i dont get video

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TgxLEGENDz

TgxLEGENDz

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:11 PM

my computer was working fine a few days ago, and when i went to turn it on today. the monitor would show anything. when the monitor is on but the computer isnt the monitor will tell me that there is no signal. when i turn on the computer the so signal warning goes away, but the screen just stays black. The GPU fan is spinning so i know it is getting power, and there is no where to plug power into the GPU so it isnt that. Also when i take out the graphics card and plug the VGA cable into the onboard video port i get the same problem. There isnt much i can do because i cant even boot it into BIOS. It is a fairly old computer, so i dont know what motherboard or CPU but i do know that the graphics card is a Gigabyte Radeon R7 240. I also tried it with a zotac 7200gs. what i do know about the motherboard and CPU is that theya re AMD if that changes anything, and they are both pretty old. another thing is that there is only a VGA Connector on the motherboard there is no other option for video.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 reaper0117

reaper0117

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:44 AM

Hope I'm not overstepping any boundaries suggesting this but take out the RAM/Memory sticks from your computer and turn it on. If you don't get any beep codes it is most likely a MB/Processor issue. When you turn on a computer and get no video but see power most of the time it's one of those two parts (usually the board though).

#3 TgxLEGENDz

TgxLEGENDz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:35 PM

ok thank you. it is very possible i fried the mobo because i have been doing a lot of playing around with it lately moving it into different cases and using all kinds of fans and such i just didnt think the computer would turn on at all if i had fried it so i kind of ruled that out but thank you i will replace it and see if it works then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users