Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I turn on my computer and my monitor won't start up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lostsoul65

lostsoul65

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:50 AM

I have an Intel E6550 Dual which is 7 years old. Its been setting around for about 6 months and now the monitor wont turn on. I bought a new Video card, tried 2 monitors with 2 different connections, took the RAM out and re-seeded it. The power supply turns on. So is there something else I can try or that Im missing. Otherwise I will just junk it but wanted to post before I did.
When I turn on the computer there is no sound coming from the motherboard or hard drive. Even with a dead or removed cmos there should be some sound when the power is turned on. My fans in the case are working. I'm wondering if I just have a dead motherboard.

Edited by lostsoul65, 13 May 2015 - 01:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 reaper0117

reaper0117

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 AM

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:49 AM

Usually when a computer gets power but doesn't turn on it's a board/processor issue. Take out the ram and turn on the computer to see if you get any beep codes. If not it will most likely be one of those two parts(usually the board is what goes over the processor).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users