Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

(help) Students Portfollio - Lost Or.. Not?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ThousandFists

ThousandFists

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 04 July 2006 - 04:59 PM

A friend of mine rescently gave me a 'USB flash drive Stick' (I think thats what there called) with his portfollio pictures on (hes a graphical design student, im a product design student), I was told to be careful with it, it was pretty small (like fits on a keyring) I say was because I havent a clue where it is now, and I have a sneaking feeling that they may have been the only copies/only final copies he made. as my friend wants it back so he can get prints done. I asked a guy at Uni about if he could retrive the photos of my computer... as in the start menu under like rescent/documents I can see a few of the files only when I click on them it says it cant find the disc... Most were photoshop/.Png .Jpeg .Gif, stuff like animated banners and poster stuff, I only previewed them and flicked through them I didnt move them on to my computer but I figured since they had been loaded up through the system there must be like temporary versions loaded on to the system can they be retrived or is my friend not gonna be my friend for much longer? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 04 July 2006 - 09:24 PM

Try to find them on your computer by searching for the filename(s) if you know them, if they are in a temp directory or somewhere else that should find them. I wish you good luck I do not think your friend is going to be to happy, but if this person is your friend I'm sure he will understand and he might already have the originals on his computer. Usually the pictures have to start off on a computer, so this might save you. Just go to Office Max and purchase a 1 GB thumb drive for him as replacement.

You could also change your name to Dead Man Walking.<G>

Edited by ThorXP, 04 July 2006 - 09:25 PM.

#3 nyiddle

nyiddle

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 04 July 2006 - 11:17 PM

Ooh... This is a very tough situation.
You'd better hope that he made extras, because there is no way to retrieve those unless you can find the USB flash stick or unless (after opening) you saved them to somewhere.
Things like this, the computer doesn't keep temp files for (as far as I know. Which is pretty far.)

Hate to say it, but you're pretty much screwed.

nyiddle.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users