Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CD/DVDW TS-L632D Specs?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:54 PM

Hey guys, I am trying to be sure if I can use this Optical Drive for Writing to DVD+RW disks.  I have found it difficult to be sure of this, and don't even know if this company exists anymore.  It appears that TSSCORP stands for Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology Corporation.

I am quite sure that I am good but still not 100%.  I had some issues with burning DVD's at one point but it could have been many other factors.

Here is the page with my computer specs and is the best documentation that I can find.  I have the 80gb hdd, and it is the second one down in that section as this pc came with four different config's.  So, I just went to the second Optical drive on the list below the HDD's, and in the "Write" section it says that I can Write DVD+RW's  The (+) part is my main concern as the (-) are becoming harder to find.  I have written some with it, but had issues with others.  I'm thinking, because I was able to write some +RW's at all that it is probably okay.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/archives_Canada/12440_ca_v3/12440_ca.HTML#Technical Specifications

I  could not find anything on the official TSSCORP site, and, not even sure I was on an official site.

CD/DVDW TS-L632D

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:06 PM

Grab  yourself a blank DVD toss it in the drive and download Nero Info tool it will tell you everything your drive is capable of. ... And then some.

#3 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,664 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:59 PM

I'm running Linux.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#4 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:24 PM

Maybe post in the Linux help section?  I am not familiar with any tools available like nero info tool for linux.  I read a post where nero info tool will run under cedega?? (which i presume is some windows emulator)

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,281 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:21 PM

See here. According to the seller is can burn DVD+/- RW

For checking the drive in linux see this.

Use the terminal command

wodim -prcap 

Edited by JohnC_21, 13 May 2015 - 08:24 PM.

#6 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,664 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:33 PM

Thanks guys I think that's enough, I am burning DVD+RW's now and they seem to work fine.  This did not work "wodim -prcap" but is always interesting to learn these commands.  It did produce the intended outcome but did not tell me what I wanted to know.  John, that site also confirmed what I was thinking, that +RW will work, a bit hard to find official info on those TSS guys. 

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users