Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost my apps after installing Comodo Back- up and Home Wireless Net

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dazza

Dazza

• Members
  • 179 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:16 PM

Good Morning,
Yesterday I installed "Comodo Back-up" (after Gennie Timeline stopped their free version)
Just after that I tried to do a "Wireless Network Home Setup' to add our new TV to the Hime Network via the WIFI Connection the TV is streaming fine but and its a big But. I've lost all my the "Application Files" for all my apps Firefox browser gmail the item media monkey, Free clips M8 Sparten and Revo uninstaller.
Internet Exp.Firefox,Exe,Google,Dropbox,Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Says:Error the application that this shortcut refers to has been changed or removed, so the Shortcut will no longer work properly do you want to delete the Shortcut?
These ones have a different error
Google Calendar not found. Google maps app not found.
Yet everything else Kingsoft Writer all work CCCleaner Avast. Tried a System restore "did not finish"
I cannot find them in Programs 86 and if I do its in Programs and User Apps roaming and I cannot open them. They are all empty or just won't open because the Application,Exe files for them are gone all the other stuff is in the Folders are missing from each one. I can use my wife's IPad and my Galaxy 3110
My comp stuff details are in my last post. Any help please, Dazza Win 8.1 Dell 660 Avast,CCleaner, MWMBs

2013 DELL Inspiron 660, Intel 4 CPU - 2.4 GB, 512 Meg Ram, 64 bit / BEN-Q 21.5" Scr,

Windows 10, Weston 1000 T-byte HDD - Partitions -  G, -  H, - I, - J 

CCleaner, Kaspersky (Full Version) MWMByts Weekly

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Dazza

Dazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 179 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:37 PM

Is there any reason why nobody is responding to mythead s in this forum? have I posted in the wrong place? Have I done somthing I am unaware of? Have I been banned from this forum? Could an Adminisrator please assist thanks Dazzler

2013 DELL Inspiron 660, Intel 4 CPU - 2.4 GB, 512 Meg Ram, 64 bit / BEN-Q 21.5" Scr,

Windows 10, Weston 1000 T-byte HDD - Partitions -  G, -  H, - I, - J 

CCleaner, Kaspersky (Full Version) MWMByts Weekly

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:09 PM

Hi Dazza :)

I saw the thread you made about no one answered this one and so I decided to take a look. I cannot promess that I'll be able to solve your issue, but at least I can try to take a look into it and see what happened. Also, the reason no one posted in your thread is probably because no one ever faced that specific issue or knows how to solve it. Keep in mind that BleepingComputer is a forum where the helpers are volunteers, and they help others based on the experience they have and the time they have too, so it happens that sometimes, some issues are left unanswered because no one knows how to solve them, alright? :)

Follow the instructions below please.

3Al62Pm.pngMiniToolBox
  • Download MiniToolBox and move the executable file to your Desktop;
  • Execute MiniToolBox and check the following options:
    • List Installed Programs;
    • List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;
    • List Devices - Only Problems;
    • List Users, Partitions and Memory size;
      wNeKMCX.png
  • Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;
  • Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users