Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Taipei game #17143 is impossible

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Cynthia Moore

Cynthia Moore

• Members
  • 288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:32 PM

Unless I am demented, which is a distinct possibility, Taipei game #17143 (Expert mode) is impossible to solve. I got it down to the central tower and could go no further. The top tile on the tower is a South. There is another South tile immediately underneath it. Since there are 4 South tiles in all, at least one of the other two cannot be in that tower. But if I use the Peek tool, I see that one is under the Four tile and the other is under the Five tile.

I have posted 4 images of the game to this Dropbox folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cdgxi1pjcduu87a/AADNXEm2sYmYIfTcOOaPtABja?dl=0

One shows the start of the game, one shows where I got stuck, and the other two show the Peek results.

I also uploaded the game itself, TP3.EXE, which is a stand-alone program. To try this game, set the Difficulty to Expert, then under Game, select Select Game and fill in "17143".

I always thought that the game generated the configurations randomly by laying down 2 matching tiles at a time. In that case, impossible games would be, well, impossible.

Running Win 10 & Office 365.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users