Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ccleaner

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Rumpunch

Rumpunch

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:15 PM

Was recently infected by malware in ccleaner,I now have a black screen with only a mouse pointer,some advice would be much apreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:53 PM

Welcome to BC

Can you reboot your machine into safemode with networking?

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2268

#3 Rumpunch

Rumpunch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:26 PM

Hi thanks for the prompt reply,no unfortunatley after booting up in safe mode and blocking some of its programes with my anti-virus,it came up with a "progam is system critical" pop up.So i pulled the plug and when trying to reboot in safe mode just got a black screen.And  I can't remember what type of malware it was,however I do think it was a rogue anti-spyware program,and i recall it had brush or broom as an Icon.

Edited by Rumpunch, 12 May 2015 - 06:03 PM.

#4 Rumpunch

Rumpunch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:33 PM

I'm running Windows 7 by the way.

#5 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:43 PM

Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.  You should be able to run FRST using these instructions below, just do not post the logs here. :)

• On a clean machine, please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.

Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.
  • If you are using Windows 8 consult How to use the Windows 8 System Recovery Environment Command Prompt to enter System Recovery Command prompt.

If you are using Vista or Windows 7 enter System Recovery Options.

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
    • Restart the computer.
    • As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
    • Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
    • Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
    • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
    • Select your user account an click Next.

Note: In case you can not enter System Recovery Options by using F8 method, you can use Windows installation disc, or make a repair disc. Any Windows installation disc or a repair disc made on another computer can be used.
    To make a repair disk on Windows 7 consult: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2083-system-repair-disc-create.html

To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:
    • Insert the installation disc.
    • Restart your computer.
    • If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.
    • Click Repair your computer.
    • Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
    • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
    • Select your user account and click Next.
  • On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:

Startup Repair
    System Restore
    Windows Complete PC Restore
    Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
    Command Prompt

Select Command Prompt
  • Once in the Command Prompt:
    • In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
    • The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
    • Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
    • In the command window type e:\frst (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter
      Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
    • The tool will start to run.
    • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
    • Press Scan button.
    • It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.

Edited by InadequateInfirmity, 12 May 2015 - 05:43 PM.

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,281 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:19 PM

When you have done the above, post in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. If you cannot produce any of the required logs...start the new topic anyway. A member of the Malware Removal Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer.

After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can close this one.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#7 Rumpunch

Rumpunch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:27 PM

I have posted the log you requested, titled- Infected though Cclean,Farbar log,at 12:37pm. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576232/infected-through-ccleaner-farbar-log/

Edited by Rumpunch, 15 May 2015 - 12:03 AM.

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,281 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:41 AM

Now that your new topic is posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Response Team member...nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the information or any log(s) you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process or make things worst which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the Malware Response Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response because the Malware Response Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers but your topic will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. Once you have posted your log and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your post or make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the Malware Response Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another Malware Response Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

I advise checking your new topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, please follow Step One and CLICK the link so it will report your topic to the team members.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

Good luck.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users