Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gaming PC Setup

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 knb023

knb023

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:09 PM

Hello all, 

I am looking to get a gaming pc and found a guy that would like to sell me this set-up. Just curious on your opinions and what is a fair price for this.  What else would I need to get for this and what/if anything would you replace and get new. Thanks a lot guys..

i7 2600 CPU Quad Core 3.4 GHz (3.8 Turbo) with heatsink 
Asus P8Z68-V motherboard
8 GB (2x4GB) Corsair 1600MHz RAM 
Cougar 760 Watt PSU 
1TB 2.5" Seagate hard drive 10,000 RPM 
120GB SSD Seagate 320 series 
Blue Ray DVDRW Plexor 
CoolerMaster full tower 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:38 PM

Well I am guessing here a good range for that system is going to be in the 900 to 1000 range depending on how much markup you want to give the guy for building the system.  I didn't see a video card on there and a ' good one' (750TI) will run you about another 150.00 which you will want for gaming unless it comes with a decent graphics card that you failed to mention.  If it comes with an Operating system disc- I may want to add another 100 bucks on top of my range above.  I wouldn't pay any more than 1100.00 but it seems like a decent build.

#3 knb023

knb023
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:42 PM

He is asking 400 for all this. I thought it was an amazing deal. I have been out of the PC gaming loop for years though. I do not know what is good anymore or what else I would need. 

#4 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:54 PM

I would say you are getting a good deal ... you will still want a decent graphics card to go with it.

#5 knb023

knb023
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:20 PM

How can i tell what graphics cards are compatible? is there a website I can go to? Also where to read up on the max ram etc It will hold

#6 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:33 PM

There are a couple different versions of that model motherboard but if it is the pro version than the max is 32 GB of ram  Here is a list of graphics cards and their power requirements.  Your system can use any pci graphics card available.  The 750TI that I stated earlier is a good bang for the buck video card.

#7 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:49 AM

Graphics card power requirements are also on the box containing the GPU.  In general, a 550W or 600W power supply should be able to handle almost any graphics card installed in the PC.  That motherboard should be able to handle any PCI-Express X16.graphics card.  In terms of graphics cards, your use case will determine which one you should get.  That processor already has a graphics card built in, so you don't really need to purchase another one unless you are gaming or doing anything more graphically intensive than standard home office activities. 

For graphics cards, I would suggest the EVGA 02G-P4-2962-KR GeForce GTX 960, EVGA 04G-P4-2974-KR GeForce GTX 970, or GIGABYTE GV-N980WF3OC-4GD GeForce GTX 980.  There are less expensive options available, but it all depends on the games you are playing and the level of graphics quality you want.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users