Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is online-stopwatch.exe dangerous? If so, how do I remove it?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tilts

tilts

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:51 AM

Hello! I was wondering if online-stopwatch.exe that I downloaded from www.online-stopwatch.com/ is dangerous? I have such suspicion because AVG internet security 2013 recognizes that as a threat and also this website (hxxp://www.tweakmysystem.com/fixerror-exe/online-stopwatch.exe.html) recognizes that as a threat, but I am not sure. And if it is dangerous how do I remove it properly in the quickest way possible. Please take note that I am not an expert in computer things.

Edited by computerxpds, 13 May 2015 - 07:53 AM.
Deactivated potentially dangerous link

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:58 AM

Hi there,

Is this the page where you downloaded the application from?

Regards,
Alex

#3 tilts

tilts
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:44 AM

Yes, it is.

#4 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:12 AM

Hi there,

If you downloaded it from there then it is safe. The link that you posted is one of the bogus fix sites designed to scam folks out of their money (usually with SpyHunter - a known rogue AM software).

Regards,
Alex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users