Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bios virus??

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JM_123

JM_123

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:41 AM

Hi

My computer upon shut down, starts again on its own.

Both my desktop and my laptop. Ie same symptoms. Therefore, it seems unlikely that it would be mechanical.

They share data via usb occasionally. I recently installed to my laptop a suspicious crack by a "KHANNIES" pirate. I installed that a while ago on my desktop.

This restart issue happend to desktop first.

Deskt is win7 lapt is vista.

Any ideas?

Edited by hamluis, 12 May 2015 - 11:26 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:24 AM

Hello JM_123 -

My computer upon shut down, starts again on its own.

First turn off the Desktop computer by using the Orb and selecting Shut Down ......

Now unplug your computer from the power point and remove any Internet connection - -

If you claim the computer is still operating, "it is haunted", since a computer is just a fancy "toaster or kettle".

Now plug it back in and turn it on, and post the results .............................

Chances are you only have Sleep set to 2 minutes, so you only use Sleep function .

Thank You -

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:29 AM

Windows keeps resetting my sleep settings after a reboot

See if the Problem / Solution above helps at all.

More about : windows resetting sleep settings reboot Then hit Apply and Save -

Edited by noknojon, 12 May 2015 - 04:33 AM.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:05 AM

Hello -

Did you read the links I posted, and find the way to solve your problem ? ?

#5 JM_123

JM_123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:38 AM

Hello noknojon.

I read the bbs posts. I haven't gone into the BIOS yet.

...Before I start experimenting, I have to do a full back up.

You see last time I shut down, I couldn't boot (wouldn't beep) --not even keyboard. I finally disconnected everything and it booted; then I reconnected one by one and success.

Then I started working again. Now I have to save that work (and full system mirror+) before I fiddle around with tech [which I dislike].

[+ Before I mirror on to my NEW "E HD drive", I want it to 'set in' a bit --like driving a new car slow the first week [my kooky brain]. Then full save to that drive --hundreds and hundreds of gigs.]

I was hoping my auto restart issue was quickly recognized and that there was a simple fix.

My desktop computer is set to sleep by me --30 minutes. (Lap top isn't tho.)

Edited by JM_123, 13 May 2015 - 06:09 AM.

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:48 AM

My desktop computer is set to sleep by me --30 minutes. (Lap top isn't tho.)

From your posts, you have your computer set to "restart" after a very short shutdown.

You must remove the new External Drive, Turn the power off from your computer, and Reboot - (Restart from a full power shutdown) ..

This will then prove that both of the systems are not haunted as you suspect -

#7 JM_123

JM_123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:06 AM

I can shutdown after two shut downs-- the one that auto restarts and then the next one I activate that ...shuts down for good.

Then I have to disconnect all periperals to restart.

This issue starts long before the new HDD was installed.

I do not have my computer set to anything.

"Haunted" is your word (applied incessently).

You have a nice day.

---------

Is there anyone ELSE here that understands the situation?

Edited by JM_123, 13 May 2015 - 06:50 AM.

#8 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:26 AM

Please follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide .

• If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
  • In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running "FRST" which will create two logs.

When you have done that, Post your logs (as directed) in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log(s) along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. If you cannot produce any of the required logs , then still start the new topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happened when you tried to create them.

A member of the Malware Removal Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer.

After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can close this one, to prevent others answering incorrectly.

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users