Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Amount of Hard Drive Space is wrong

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Demarticus

Demarticus

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:29 PM

I am using an Asus G74series computer

i7 processor, 16gb RAM, 64-bit Windows 7

I have a 279gb hard drive and I have been attempting to free up space as there is only 30.5gb free.

C: Properties is telling me that I am using 248gb of space but this simply cannot be the case. I have spent quite a bit of time on forums trying to diagnose the problem (Ran Disk Cleanup, ran CCleaner, tried to Defragment, I do not use system restore or backup, my recycling bin is empty, hibernation file is relatively small, etc)

I ran WinDirStat to see if I could figure out why I have so much space used up and the program only displays 120.5gb of space used up on my C: drive, which begs the question where is the other 128gb of space?

I am relatively tech savy meaning I can usually find the answers I am looking for in forums but it is baffling to me that my C: drive says I'm using 248gb when really I am only using about 120gb. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

Edited by Demarticus, 11 May 2015 - 11:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:05 AM

You already have an open topic here and are receiving assistance. Please do not start new threads or duplicate topics as this causes confusion and makes it more difficult to get the help you need to resolve your issues when asking for and receiving assistance elsewhere. Further, it necessitates staff spending time with housecleaning to remove or close those duplicate postings...time which could have been provided to others needing assistance.

Please continue in your other topic. To avoid confusion this thread is closed.

The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users