Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Automatic Reboots

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#46 MarkMCS

MarkMCS

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:43 AM

You don't have permission to access it directly by default. that's normal. Don't worry about changing permissions or taking ownership.

Just open a command prompt. MAKE SURE IT IS RUNNING AS AN ADMINISTRATOR.  Go to start >accessories and right click on command prompt and click on "run as administrator"

Copy and paste this line into command prompt:

findstr /i /c:"[SR]" "%windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log" | findstr /i /v /c:"verify" > "%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

This will put the information about the files sfc couldnt fix on your desktop into sfcdetails.txt

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.  -Emo Phillips

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#47 dan9119a

dan9119a
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:32 PM

I have followed you steps to take ownership of the CBS.log file and it still says acess denied. Am I doing something wrong? Start>Computer>C:>Windows>Logs>CBS>CBS.log. Right click>properties>security>advanced>owner>edit>my account>apply.

#48 MarkMCS

MarkMCS

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:52 PM

Dan just read my previous post. Don't worry about going directly to the cbs.log file. just copy and paste the string I posted above to get the unrepaired file information.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.  -Emo Phillips

#49 dan9119a

dan9119a
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 09 June 2015 - 06:06 PM

I copied and pasted that to an elevated C prompt and raqn it as administrtor.  What do I do next?  Should there be some kind of rusults that show up in the C prompt window?

#50 MarkMCS

MarkMCS

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:45 AM

you will now have a file on your desktop called sfcdetails.txt. it will show the files that sfc couldn't repair.  I think you might be better off backing up any important files and doing a reinstall, as manual repair is time consuming and can be quite difficult. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users