Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No sound, driver install fails, will not recognize hardware

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 03gade

03gade

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:45 PM

HP Spectre 14t-3200

Earlier today, Steam was refusing to open so I did a hard reset by disconnecting the battery. Steam worked afterwards but now my computer has no sound. There is a red x next to the speaker in the task bar. When clicking on it it goes directly to "detecting problems" and then states "troubleshooting cannot find the problem."

I did a system restore to 4 days ago and it did not solve the issue.

I downloaded the IDT driver off of hp's website and I get the error message "The hardware detected is not supported by this IDT Software Package" when I attempt an install.

In device manager, under "sound, video and game controllers," I have "intel display audio." When clicking on properties for that it states "the device is working properly."If I go to volume mixer it says "no audio device is installed."

Bluetooth speakers DO work.

My computer has beats audio and the little light under the "b" is not lit, but the computer is running pretty warm underneath the right palm rest, where the audio knob is located. 

I have absolutely no idea what to do. 

Edited by 03gade, 11 May 2015 - 04:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users