Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which Is The Better Portable Mp3 Player?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 megalo

megalo

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 04 July 2006 - 11:10 AM

I'm looking for a portable media player and I don't know which one to choose. Either the 30 gb ipod video (300 dollars) or the Creative Zen Media Player (330 dollars).

I only know a few things about each one for instance with the ipod you can only use itunes to store the music and can only put Quicktime format movies on the ipod. Also, What music and videos you have on your ipod must also be on itunes for when you plug the ipod to you pc it automatically updates the music on the ipod to match itunes.

Now with the Creative Zen Media Player, its pretty much the opposite of the ipod video. It can store a lot more formats for the video and music, but not quicktime and can use other types of media player on your computer to store the music, but yet again not itunes. It also has an am/fm radio which you can record from directly to the hard drive and a microphone if you feel like going on a monologue. It's also bigger but not much and has a longer battery life for the videos.

Thats pretty much all I have so far. If any of its incorrect can you correct me and most importantly can you help me decide which one to get.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 04 July 2006 - 02:21 PM

I would go with the Creative because of ease of compatibility. You will have alot more formats supported and just be easier to use but if you have and use iTunes I would go with the iPod.

Edited by Klinkaroo, 04 July 2006 - 02:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users