Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

beginer video/photo editing software

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 frldyz

frldyz

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:42 AM

I'm looking to purchase some software to edit/make home videos taken from our cannon HD camcorder.

Nothing fancy.

Just some software that is user friendly for someone with minimal to no knowledge.

Would just like to take some home video that have been taken with our daughter and put them in one video.  Maybe with some music and titles.  For example:   title: 6 mos.  then play some videos from 6 mos.  then 12 mos and video of her birthday.

Thanks everyone.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,069 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:09 PM

GIMP is a free photo editor, an open source equivalent to photoshop, very capable but a bit of a tricky interface to learn. As for video editing you can use blender(also free and open source), but it is mainly designed with 3d modelling and editing virtual objects into real videos in mind, video editing is only one of it's minor functions. Another option would be wax 2.0, the program might not exist any more but back in 2012 I used to use it for compositing, greenscreen, making titles and basic video editing and sequencing. It is another free program.
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#3 O.T.T.

O.T.T.

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:47 PM

Remember that there will always by a learning curve !

I personally use AVS Video Editor to edit and mount my camcorder and YouTube video's. Give the free version (gives a watermark in the video) a try and if you like it you can buy it...

OTT

Please ask Google why some of my links don't work anymore !

#4 Foldingchair

Foldingchair

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:46 PM

I'm looking to purchase some software to edit/make home videos taken from our cannon HD camcorder.

Nothing fancy.

Just some software that is user friendly for someone with minimal to no knowledge.

Would just like to take some home video that have been taken with our daughter and put them in one video.  Maybe with some music and titles.  For example:   title: 6 mos.  then play some videos from 6 mos.  then 12 mos and video of her birthday.

Thanks everyone.

Just a friendly reminder to always make sure you're getting the software from the legitimate source. That being the developers' website.

As for what the other posters have mentioned so far, GIMP for still image editing, and AVS are a good pick, definitely going along in their choice! :)

"Peace and blessings be upon you all."

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,139 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2015 - 05:49 PM

Wax 2.0 appears to be still available, I've just downloaded it but I haven;t tried running it yet. The download page is -

http://www.debugmode.com/wax/download.htm

Chris Cosgrove

#6 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,069 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2015 - 12:50 PM

Yes, that is the program I was talking about. I think there might be something bundled in the installer which you have to untick though, if I remember rightly.

It's a fairly simple program, and has some things which make it crash, but it is a very good introduction to video editing, and it can do fairly decent green screen work if your original video had a greenscreen sufficiently different in colour to the actors and things infront of it. It also lets you learn some of the basic ideas for 3d animation when you use it, if you can find yourself any 3d models in 3ds format you can import them and animate them, to a degree.

Edited by rp88, 21 June 2015 - 12:50 PM.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#7 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 28 June 2015 - 04:09 PM

Here is another free video editing option.

http://www.lwks.com/

#8 Scottyin

Scottyin

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:15 PM

i think i can help you but not remember the software now. let me check, later reply you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users