Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My current monitor & GPU.... suggestions/thoughts.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 frldyz

frldyz

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:56 AM

As many of you know I did my 1st build last weekend.

Right now I only have 2 monitors from previous desktop packages.

The one I have right now connected is a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824116014

I have an MSI GTX 970 gaming 4 as my GPU.  

If I were to get a better monitor would I get better results or quality of picture/video experience from my GPU and computer.

My build:

Corsair 760t case

i7 4790k cpu - non overclocked

gigabyte z97x gaming 3 MOBO

16gb crcucial ballistix RAM

MSI GTZ 970 gefroce gaming G4 GPU - non overclock

Samsung 850pro SSD 500gb

4tb HGST HDD - file storage

windows 7 64bit home premium

noctua nh-d14 heatsink CPU cooler

Corsair 750w PSU

kingwin fan controller

rosewill card reader

LG bluray optical drive

I was watching some videos on youtube and the quality is good.  I was wondering if I got a better monitor if quality would improve.

I did switch the youtube settings to 720p HD.

Do any youtube videos have a 1080 setting?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 11 May 2015 - 01:52 PM

hi dear frldyz

your setup is good but if you want a noticeable quality on video then you have to go for pro grade monitors like liyama and eizo

are not cheap but the image quality is top 

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/monitors-and-projectors/monitors/iiyama-prolite-xb2776qs-1149016/review

even the cheap eizo cs240 offer outstanding image quality on both video and picture

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/eizo/eizo-coloredge-cs240/32706/eizo-coloredge-cs240-review

some movies on youtube can be watched as 1080, look through youtube settings

Edited by nickko, 11 May 2015 - 01:52 PM.

#3 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:54 PM

Viewsonic makes good monitors.  I don't really see the point in buying a 4k monitor yet.  The price is just too out there and the media delivered has to be in 4k for you to ' see it '.

With that said I am not sure what you mean by will i get better graphics if I update my monitor.  I guess I don't know what you mean.  Graphics are generated by the graphics cards and while you may see a difference between certain types of monitors and brands .. generally they will ' look ' the same. Right now monitors with IPS is the ' display of choice ' as it has vibrant colors and the darkest blacks even more so if you go with a glossy screen and can be viewed at more angles.  So I guess my suggestion if your really looking to update your monitor is to go with IPS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users