Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

monitor, keyboard and mouse not responding.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OdinUchiha

OdinUchiha

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:29 AM

Hi, this is my first post here so I hope someone can help me.

Last night I put my pc to sleep so that I could use it quickly again today. However, when I went to put it on, the tower booted up but my monitor remained blank as though the pc was off. My mouse did the same (no red light from it) but my keyboards LED's for Caps lock etc. flashed before it went dead.

I have tried a different mouse that was not a usb mouse and it worked so at first I though it was the usb ports but my speakers also use the usb ports and they come on with the computer.

anyone know what's going on? :/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,617 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:58 AM

"I have tried a different mouse that was not a usb mouse and it worked so at first I though it was the usb ports but my speakers also use the usb ports and they come on with the computer"

--- Are you saying that the computer boots up and works ok with the "not usb mouse" which I interpret to be a PS2 mouse?

--- If so it could be the BIOS has reverted to legacy settings

--- Change the battery, start back up, correct the time and hopefully you'll be able to move on from there

On the speakers using usb ports, that can be addressed afterward; in fact it might be a good idea to disconnect the speakers in the above idea

#3 appleo

appleo

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:45 AM

no the thing is u need to me more specific

#4 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,617 posts