Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Free Watermark Software

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ep2002

ep2002

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:57 AM

Hi there,

I'm looking for watermark software that's free for both pics & video.S

Something that's virus free of course.

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,983 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:13 PM

You can add watermarks to image easily with GIMP, start with the main image open in GIMP, copy in the watermark image, give the watermark image some transparency, position it in palce, then save the whole thing out as a jpg or png, watermarking done. For videos it's tricker, to add a watermark you need to go through the same sort of processes and software which is reauired for any compositing or greenscreen like task. You could do this with blender, but it would be a very tricky way to do it, blender can do video editing but it's main function is 3d modelling and animation. Another program which might be able to do video editing of the form which involves adding a watermark is wax 2.0, it might not even exist any more but back in 2012 I used it for greenscreen, layering and compositing effects. GIMP, blender are free, wax 2.0 is probably still free if it exists any more, it was free back in 2012.
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#3 ep2002

ep2002
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:35 AM

Oh, sounds VERY complicated :(

While I'm tech savy, when it comes to graphic software, I'm lost.

Thanks though, I may have to get someone to do the video for me.

Have a lovely day.

#4 Patricia Williamson

Patricia Williamson

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 15 May 2015 - 04:35 AM

You can try out this three watermark software which are freely available and also supports the pictures and videos:

1. uMark Software

2. Mass Watermark Software

3. Alamoon Watermark

#5 ep2002

ep2002
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:38 AM

t/y you guys, MUCH appreciated.

Sorry for the delay.

#6 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,983 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:55 AM

Using GIMP for this in images isn't particularly hard, look for a tutorial on google "adding watermarks in GIMP", there will be some. For videos watermarking is tougher, because videos are always tougher to edit than images.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#7 ep2002

ep2002
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2015 - 10:49 PM

Do these also remove the GPS info?

#8 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,983 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:03 AM

Getting rid of GPS info is easy, you just use some of the options within windows' file explorer. GPS geotags are part of the metadata on images which have them, you just erase all the metadata to remove geotagging information. If you right click on an image in the file explorer then go to "properties" then the "details" tab, then click "remove properties and personal information" to wipe out all the metadata (things like location, type of camera, camera settings, tags, author name...).

If on the other hand you are asking that from the perspective of wanting the metadata to survive the watermarking process I would expect it usually wouldn't, I don't think (though cannot be absolutely sure) that metadata like locations would still be on the photo after editing in gimp and saving as another file.

Edited by rp88, 15 July 2015 - 11:03 AM.

#9 rosewater2

rosewater2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 18 September 2015 - 02:37 PM

Also SquiggleMark is a free and mass water marking software for Windows, Mac and Linux - No restrictions or licenses, just free.

http://www.osletek.com/squigglemark/

#10 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:44 PM

Lightworks, a free, and full featured video editing software is available at the link below.

I am not sure about it's ability to add watermarks, but you could search for a tutorial.

https://www.lwks.com/

PS.

I did a search myself, and found a video on how to add a watermark at the links below.

http://www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=26&id=11933&Itemid=81

http://www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=6&id=15536&Itemid=81

Edited by GB2064, 18 September 2015 - 04:51 PM.

#11 ep2002

ep2002
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:55 AM

Actually I never did find one that worked for me as most had NO reviews if you can believe that, or they had malware in them.

I now have to find a video software to record videos, so I'll have to revisit the links above, but my website coder told me about this one - Fast Stone, & while it's not fancy, it does what I need it to do & in bulk. :)

Thanks everyone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users