Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

svchost.exe (netsvcs) draining all my memory

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Marinna1

Marinna1

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:57 PM

Hi everyone, first time poster, hope you can help me out. I've looked everywhere for a solution to this but so far no joy...

A few weeks ago my computer started randomly slowing down and freezing. No hardware/software changes. I checked on Resource Monitor and found svchost.exe (netsvcs) gradually start to eat up memory after startup. I also noticed that the "Hardware Reserved" portion of my memory was suspiciously huge (2GB out of 4 total).

I thought I had a solution when I uninstalled a cheap Belkin USB wifi adapter that I had been using, and plugged in cabled internet instead. The Hardware Reserved dropped to a more reasonable 556 MB and the computer worked normally for a few days. But now I have restarted again and the problem is back. Done full scans with Kaspersky and Malware-Bytes = nothing. I also downloaded and ran CPU-Z and it came up with a error message on startup. I will attach that, along with screens from resource monitor.

Right now I'm running just fine as long as I'm not connected to the internet. We'll see if I can get online long enough to post this...

If anyone can help, please let me know! g.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,336 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 10 May 2015 - 10:23 PM

You can take a look here: How to determine what services are running under a SVCHOST.EXE process

That will help you determine exactly which process you need to fix, and or troubleshoot further.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:06 AM

Sounds like the last few weeks of Windows Updates and Net Framework Update trying to complete its Calculation Sorting , i repaired 2 laptops and persisted with it and Memory was peaking at 99% on both , after a couple reboots and letting it do its thing without using them all came good and settled down.

Worked for me so hope your issue is the same , although i update manually so i had an idea what it was related to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users