Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ipad 2 Mail Freeze OS 8.3 - Blank/White Screen

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fish7491

fish7491

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 10 May 2015 - 02:13 PM

After updating a few weeks ago to 8.3 without incident mail suddenly will not load.

I can see there is mail in the box with a number count. When I try to open it freezes with no email displaying for a few seconds then goes back to the main home screen.

Apple site is not much help and see there is a lot of people with the same problem apparently for the past few weeks without resolution.

Any suggestions or do I have to do a complete reset and reocover?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Apache15

Apache15

• Members
  • 317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:50 PM

Hey fish7491,

Sorry that no one has replied back to you. Without more details it's hard to diagnose the problem that you're experiencing. The app is likely crashing if it's returning you to the home screen. Other than updating to 8.3, have you changed any settings in the mail app or added any new email accounts?

#3 fish7491

fish7491
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:45 PM

No nothing like that at all. The problem didn't start until a few weeks after an IOS update so nothing was recently changed.

A couple odd things noted are that I can forward a web site I am looking at on the browser as an email, and I can do the same thing if I want to send a note or picture as an email.

I tried deactivating email accounts and reloading them but that didn't work either. When the email account is active it gives me a count of how many emails are in my IN box. Seems like it is hanging up but won't fully work. Very odd indeed.

#4 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 28 May 2015 - 02:14 AM

From what I have read quite a few are having the same problem and quite a few of those reported that updating Apps solved the issue. I don't know if this will be the case with your iPad to solve your mail problem but I think it would be worth a try.

#5 Apache15

Apache15

• Members
  • 317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 30 May 2015 - 07:30 PM

It sounds like you already did what I would have suggested: deactivate each individual email account and reload it. Are there a lot of email messages that you haven't deleted from those accounts? Having them all on your phone could in theory cause the app to crash from the sheer number of messages.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users