Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Extracting background music from a TV Show

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jashtiani

jashtiani

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:42 AM

I am trying to extract a really cool background music track from a TV show ( I have the video file). How do I go about doing that? Can it be done?

Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 10 May 2015 - 10:15 AM

There are plenty of free audio extractors but Audacity is probably the best known one.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity/

#3 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,901 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:27 AM

It's incredible that programs exist which can do this sort of thing, a truly amazingly complex task when you think about it. There are ways in which speaking and ambient sounds can be removed to leave only the background music, but they often rely on having two files to start with firstly the full audio and secondly the speaking and ambient sounds, then a program can compare the two, subtract the speech from the full track to leave the background music. If all you have is the full track it will be trickier, but I think methods do exist. This really is one of the things where you can see that the method of doing it has been designed by some kind of genius. removing speech to get out a background music track would have been inconceivable even a decade ago.
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#4 jashtiani

jashtiani
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:11 AM

Can someone walk me through the process of doing this? I am not familiar with audio software. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users