Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with Adobe Flash Player

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Lonewolf68

Lonewolf68

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 10 May 2015 - 02:52 AM

:lmao: Hello to everyone,

Please - I need some assistance,

I am trying to play happy acres game via facebook and each time system tells me I need to update flash player, it gives me an option to do so, which takes me what looks like an official adobe page. The option is to download Adobe Flash Player Version 17.0.0.169. I have now done this numerous times and each time I click back I get same message again and again and again!

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing but that doesn't seem to make a difference. Am I doing something completely wrong here :(

I am running Windows 7, 32bit system.

Kind regards

Tania

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,679 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:49 AM

Which browser are you using?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Lonewolf68

Lonewolf68
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:20 AM

It was internet explorer 11, but a friend suggested to try going back to IE10 but this has made no difference at all.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,679 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:02 PM

Download the Adobe Flash Player uninstall tool.  Please be aware that the download will start automatically after you click on the link.

After the flash player is uninstalled, download the latest version and install it.

Let us know how it goes.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Lonewolf68

Lonewolf68
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:36 PM

Hi, I have tried this already, but given it another go, via your link, but it makes no difference, when I go back to facebook to try and play games it still says update to latest version. The adobe version that has supposedly downloaded is Version 17.0.0.169 but facebook games suggest version 11, don't know if this is relevant at all :lmao:

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,679 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:42 PM

Just for kick and grins, download Google Chrome and install it.  Then try playing these games.  Flash player is integrated in this browser.

#7 Lonewolf68

Lonewolf68
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2015 - 01:02 PM

LOL, I tried that out of curiosity and yes your right it works, but I so hate Chrome, maybe it just takes time to get used to it :)

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,679 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2015 - 01:15 PM

It does take time to get use to a new browser, they all have differences which you have to learn.  I personally will not us Internet Explorer, for various reasons.  I used Firefox for several years, but am now using Chrome and am content with it.  But if you can get used to the change in Windows 8/8.1, getting use to a different browser would be easy by comparison... one would think.

#9 Lonewolf68

Lonewolf68
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2015 - 02:14 PM

Ok - Think you could be right there, Thanks for the assistance anyway :)

#10 mr.meyer

mr.meyer

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 10 May 2015 - 03:15 PM

something to try, open EI, go to tools  "manage add on" click on "show all" find "flash" click on it and click "enable"

Edited by mr.meyer, 10 May 2015 - 03:17 PM.

#11 Lonewolf68

Lonewolf68
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:41 AM

Hi Mr Meyer, Thanks for the suggestion, I have already looked at this and flash is actually enabled, I think I am going to have to just accept it's time for chrome :)

Edited by Lonewolf68, 11 May 2015 - 12:41 AM.

#12 Lonewolf68

Lonewolf68
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2015 - 01:33 PM

I am slightly confused - on my computer I have it set so whole family have a log in with there own sides. When I log onto there side of computer everything works like a dream. If I log into my Facebook account on there side it is all hunky dory. Could this mean a virus maybe in my settings! It seems odd that just my side doesn't work with this flash Adobe issue!

#13 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,679 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:05 PM

It could be that the user account is corrupted.

Create a new admin user account and see if this works for you.

If this does I can provide you with instructions for importing the information from the old account to the new one.

Since there doesn't seem to be any problems with other user accounts I doubt this is malware or virus related.

#14 Lonewolf68

Lonewolf68
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:21 PM

Hi, I have created a new admin user account and all works fine, would you kindly provide instructions for importing information across.

Kind regards

Tania

:clapping:

#15 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,679 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:45 PM

You will find instructions at this website.

This will show you how to use the Easy Transfer Wizard to import the user profile from the old admin user account to the new one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users