Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Downloaded DaemonTools Lite and got nasty malware (Dragon Branch Ads)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 maxxieway26

maxxieway26

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:58 PM

So I downloaded DaemonTools Lite for free and went for the express install (I realise now that this was a massive mistake). My computer now can't search on google without a bunch of ads (Dragon Branch), and I can't click anywhere on any webpage without being redirected to a site asking me to install malware removal software.

It's taken me several attempts just to make this post, and I need this computer to get coursework done for university, I have deadlines coming up next Friday and everything takes twice as long as it should to do. Does anybody know what I should do? I don't even know what information to provide here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:29 AM

Hello, and welcome :)

This should not take long - stay with me, and we'll get it done.

MiniToolbox by Farbar

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • List Minidump Files
  • List Restore Points
Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

===

Security Check by screen317
  • Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.
  • Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of the log in your next reply.

Regards,
Alex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users