Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

stuttering news videos

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:12 PM

When I watch news videos from my MSN homepage I get a lot of what I call stuttering

--- A conversation seems to last about 10 seconds, stops, a circular pattern of white rotating white dots appear for about 3 seconds and then the conversation picks up again and the pattern is repetitive throughout the full conversation

However youtube videos are not a problem

My computer: HP Compaq 6000 Pro Win 7 Pro SP1 x86 desktop (not a tower)

In device Manager:

The display adapter is Intel® Q45/Q43 Express Chipset; the monitor is Dell E198WFP(Analog)

--- My monitor has a maximum screen resolution of 1440 x 900

In addition to the VGA connector, the monitor also has a DVI-D 25 pin dual link connector

The computer has only a VGA connector

I have a DVI-D 19 pin single link cable

--- I’ve seen DVI-D/VGA adapters advertised: are they worth investigating especially since all I have is a DVI-D 19 pin single link cable

BTW, the only reason I am able to describe those DVI-D’s is because I found a website that shows pictures and descriptions of DVI-D and DVI-I

I was also thinking of looking for a video card instead

--- Since my computer is a desktop (not a tower) I would need to look for a low profile unit

--- I’d like recommendations especially if this is the better option to consider

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheN00bBuilder

TheN00bBuilder

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:22 PM

That means your internet is slow, or the MSN video server is overloaded or slow..... Those white dots mean the video is buffering....

Edited by TheN00bBuilder, 09 May 2015 - 07:23 PM.

Sorry if I snap at you. I can't stand stupid for more than 5 minutes at a time.

#3 cmptrgy

cmptrgy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 10 May 2015 - 02:02 PM

Buffering seems to be a better term than stuttering

I suspect it's very possible the MSN video server is overloaded or slow

I zip along pretty good on all other websites and I can play youtube videos without any problems 

I'm going to double check Yahoo & Google also as I don't recall any issues from their websites

Thanks for the info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users