Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hardware problems(?)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 oliver_saunderz

oliver_saunderz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:38 AM

Good day!

I've recently experienced several problems with my HP Pavilion p6-2480ea which I feel may be all linked to a piece of hardware.

It all started with a series of random hangs while I was using it. These hangs didn't seem to be related to any programs or how many programs were running at any given time. They would occur any time between 10 minutes and around 4 hours from start-up and if I left it on the desktop to go out for 15 minutes for example,a hang would occur. 

I went through every known process to try and fix this, including virus scans (which were often interrupted by the hangs themselves!) and refreshing the PC. I tried to completely reset the PC yesterday evening, but after leaving it to do so for around 4 hours, there was no progress and there was no picture on screen or any option to proceed so I just turned it off for the night.

When I turned it on this morning, there was no picture on screen at all and upon removing the panel to view the internals, it appeared that the fan on top of the CPU was running much slower than it should be. So I reckon this could all be linked to either the PSU or the Motherboard itself.

Any help I can get will be appreciated greatly!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CG_5

CG_5

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:52 AM

Hi there,

Sounds like one of those things where you really need to get someone in there to have a look, here is the first online clue.....

IKUXePb.png

^ Low reviews.

Edited by CG_5, 09 May 2015 - 06:56 AM.

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:17 AM

I wouldnt be overly concerned about low reviews, its a well known fact that most happy customers wont leave reviews. 

Anyway, is said laptop still under warranty?

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#4 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,917 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:30 PM

Many unrelated and intermittent faults occur when the BIOS begins to degrade.   Replace the CMOS battery on the MOBO and the faults should disappear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users