Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash Player running slow

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SandwichM8

SandwichM8

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:29 PM

Hello people, I just got a new desktop around a week ago and I've noticed everything that uses flash player is incredibly laggy and slow. This includes youtube, facebook videos, and things like pixlr. I've tried reinstalling adobe flash, but it seems to do nothing. Here's my computers specs, thanks in advance.

LHS2m2x.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:42 PM

Hi SandwichM8 :)

What web browser are you using to watch videos? Does it happens in every web browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,047 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 09 May 2015 - 01:32 PM

A tip for making browsers (chrome or firefox atleast) faster: set flash player so it loads as "click to play"(chrome) or "ask to activate"(firefox). That way only the flash objects you want to load will load, all the others (like flash adverts) will not. This might offset some of the slowness of flash player by ensuring flash player only runs when you need it to run and that it doesn't run at other times. Setting flash players (and all other plugins) like this won't speed up flash player itself, but it will mean it doesn't run when un-necessary so doesn't slow everything else down.
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users