Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't use checkbox filters in Grainger website on ANY browser.

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 malix11

malix11

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:58 AM

I am at a loss right now. No matter which browser I use, when I try to filter searches using the check boxes provided I get the loading screen for the website and it just hangs there forever. Using the HTML links to filter works fine, but the check boxes are what is giving me issues. I have tried using Chrome, Firefox, and IE, all of them with the same result. 

Here are the errors shown when I open up the Chrome inspect element and view the errors with the webpage.

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

N-bigZ1z0oy1c:222

Uncaught ReferenceError: mboxDefine is not defined
search.js:1 error while setting resultview in dtm: digitalData is not defined
search.js:1 error while validating digitalData: digitalData is not defined
search.js:1 error while setting internal search term for dtm: digitalData is not defined
main-layer.js:602 Core Metrics request executed by function (){readyFunctionCalls();if(jQuery.urlParam("launchFindBranch")=="true"){displayBranch=jQuery.urlParam("displayBranch");displaySingle=jQuery.urlParam("displaySingle");bindGoogleMapsClick(displayBranch,false,false,displaySingle);}if(jQuery.urlParam("r")){handleRedirectModal(jQuery.urlParam("r"));}Grainger.coremetrics.cmRequester.execute();}

search.js:1

Uncaught ReferenceError: mboxDefine is not defined

Here are the errors shown when I open up the Firefox debugger and view the console:

Using //@ to indicate sourceMappingURL pragmas is deprecated. Use //# instead jquery-layer.js:1:0
ReferenceError: mboxDefine is not defined N-csp:215:3
"error while setting resultview in dtm: digitalData is not defined" search.js:1:4291
"error while validating digitalData: digitalData is not defined" search.js:1:20057
"error while setting internal search term for dtm: digitalData is not defined" search.js:1:18302
"Core Metrics request executed by function (){readyFunctionCalls();if(jQuery.urlParam("launchFindBranch")=="true"){displayBranch=jQuery.urlParam("displayBranch");displaySingle=jQuery.urlParam("displaySingle");bindGoogleMapsClick(displayBranch,false,false,displaySingle);}if(jQuery.urlParam("r")){handleRedirectModal(jQuery.urlParam("r"));}Grainger.coremetrics.cmRequester.execute();}" main-layer.js:602:663
Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated.  Use defaultPrevented instead. jquery-layer.js:5:0
ReferenceError: mboxDefine is not defined

As far as I can tell this is a JavaScript issue, but JavaScript is enabled on all of these web browsers. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Chrome and Firefox, I uninstalled Java from my PC, and of course, tried multiple reboots.

Any thoughts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,603 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:03 AM

Hi malix11 :)

Is it possible for you to give us the link to the page where the checkboxes you are talking about are? I'll give it a try and see if it works.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 malix11

malix11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:10 AM

It is really anywhere in Grainger. I can select any product line, select any hyperlink to filter by brand, but the moment I try selecting any check box, I get the errors. I have verified it is my PC only because my co-workers do not experience this issue.

Here is an example link http://www.grainger.com/category/overload-relays/starters-and-contactors/electrical/ecatalog/N-8fg

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,603 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:12 AM

It works for me as well. Let's try something simple, clearing the cache.

3DPGbxe.pngTemp File Cleaner (TFC)
  • Download and execute Temp File Cleaner (TFC);
  • Simply click on Start to launch the clean-up and wait until it completes;
    s5yB2E8.png
  • Depending on which processes are running, all your programs will be closed and explorer.exe (your Windows shell) will be killed, it will however be relaunched shortly after so do not panic;
  • There's no log to give for this tool;

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 malix11

malix11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:29 AM

I ran that utility.

Total Files Cleaned = 3,648.00 mb

I tried performing the filter on Grainger's website again and receive the same issue:

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,603 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:50 AM

What version of Windows do you use? Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1?

unite_blue.png

#7 malix11

malix11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:36 PM

Windows 7 pro

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,603 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:40 PM

Click on the Start Menu and enter cmd. Right-click on the cmd.exe icon and select Run as Administrator. In the command prompt, enter these commands:

regsvr32 jscript.dll

regsvr32 jscript9.dll

Tell me if both gets successfully registered.

unite_blue.png

#9 malix11

malix11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:42 PM

Both were successful.

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,603 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:47 PM

Alright, can you restart your computer and see if the checkboxes works now?

unite_blue.png

#11 malix11

malix11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:50 PM

The check boxes still do not work.

#12 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,603 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:52 PM

Alright, let's try something else.

3Al62Pm.pngMiniToolBox
  • Download MiniToolBox and move the executable file to your Desktop;
  • Execute MiniToolBox and check the following options:
    • Flush DNS;
    • Report IE Proxy Settings;
    • Reset IE Proxy Settings;
    • Report FF Proxy Settings;
    • Reset FF Proxy Settings;
    • List content of Hosts;
    • List IP Configuration;
    • List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;
    • List Installed Programs;
    • List Devices - Only Problems;
    • List Users, Partitions and Memory size;
      B8oLpa3.png
  • Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;
  • Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;

unite_blue.png

#13 malix11

malix11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:06 PM

I tried but I am being told that and error occurred and that I do not have permission to perform that action. All I did was pasted the log results and hit reply.

#14 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,603 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:06 PM

If you want, you can go on Pastebin.com, create a public paste and share the URL here.

unite_blue.png

#15 malix11

malix11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:08 PM

http://pastebin.com/v5H0EE6s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users