Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Copy & Paste from scanned doc

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 woodcamp

woodcamp

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:49 AM

I produced & saved a form on Word 2013. I want to copy & paste the entire form to past on a web page. Once I saved the doc it goes to Nuance Paper port which will not let me copy or change it.

I've spent many hours trying to fix this with no positive results.

What am I missing?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 3,000 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:12 PM

Do you have Microsoft Word loaded on your computer?

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:29 PM

Rocky, would MS Word convert the copy and paste, or the document itself, into a basic html file? A conversion is necessary, correct?  Both Libre and Open Office Suites can do that also, if I understand the OP desires correctly.

Edited by RolandJS, 08 May 2015 - 03:29 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 3,000 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:17 PM

No, Word does not convert directly to HTML. I might have misunderstood the OP. I thought as a simple copy and paste question, that the OP might have a word document that just needed to be copied to something like a forum page or some other kind of simple copy and paste page.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#5 woodcamp

woodcamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:16 PM

I have Word 2013. I believe the problem lies in PaperPort, which I'm going through the instructions step by step. Just haven't found a solution. At 1 point (don't remember where) it appeared to me PP thinks the doc is a pic even though the doc itself shows it's pdf.

Anyway I can post a screen shot here?

#6 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 3,000 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:53 AM

Can you re-scan the document and save it as a Word document? PDF files are notoriously hard to edit and convert. Yes, post a screen shot on this thread, it will help everybody.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#7 woodcamp

woodcamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:17 AM

Rocky, I tried your suggestion but when go to scan I only have 4 choices. They are TIF (TIF File); BMP (BMP File); JPG (HP connected photos) and PNG (PNG image). I have tried all 4 with the same ^&%$&^%$ results.

I have 2 screen shots I would like to post but, to support the theory that my technical skills are very poor, I can't figure how to post the shots. Any help?

#8 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 3,000 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:43 AM

I have a Canon scanner, an old Canoscan 8800F. I think that your choices pretty much describe what mine are. I am using Office 2016 which allows me to open a PDF in Word and edit, I can't remember how the old Microsoft Office editions worked. I just upgraded from Office 2010 Professional which I could use to import a PDF into publisher and edit. I don't know much more than that.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#9 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 3,000 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:50 AM

I'm sorry for the quick turn around on my post. I just opened up a PDF on my computer and edited it real quick and saved it as a word doc. I clicked on the PDF, an Intel whitepaper about 22nm Haswell technology, and I right clicked on the file, dropped down to open with Word, opened up the file, enabled editing on the top of the page, and added a few words then closed. I saved it as an experiement to keep the original intact. I re-opened it as a word doc. and checked to see if the words that I enetered were there, and sure enough they were there. I deleted the word doc. of the Intel paper. Which edition of Word are you using, and do you have Publisher?

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users