Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Internet access after downloading adw cleaner

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan 1

Ryan 1

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:00 AM

Hi i M Ryan I am new so I don't know much even I don't know this is rightness place to tell or not? I thought it is, so as u see from my title I was getting many ads even in Google so I searched and it was the second link of Google not a adv and it was adw cleaner I downloaded and I followed the instructions and cleaned and after few mins in chrome the Internet stopped and I try to reboot but same no Internet even I don't see how many wifi are near my laptop my laptop is with Windows 8.1 and after that incident even I Google Many time I founded ur forum and same incident but I don't get tht how to solve and I need to study from my laptop now I study from mobile I can't even open control panel it opens the panel but it loads and nothing appears to me even Java apps also not working it and it also take alot time to start my pc help me and now I can't I hope u give me a right solution and I tell u that I have quickheal so I scanned malate I got 2malware and so I fixed tht but the problem is still there please help to solve i hope it's the right place and I hope this in this place I found solution

Edited by hamluis, 08 May 2015 - 07:11 AM.
Moved from Internal Hardware to AV/AM Software - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:04 AM

Hi there,

Can you post the cleaning log from AdwCleaner? This will help us to pinpoint the reason why it killed your Internet connection.

Regards,
Alex

#3 Ryan 1

Ryan 1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:33 AM

Well I M thinking that you are asking me to put what I cleared so I don't know what was that I just cleared I mean I saw I read the named and I saw in my c drive unfounded tht folder as I told u no Internet access do I can't screenshot so I got imaged that are not proper as my mobile camera got in bad condition (glass has dust) so I got image if u can't see tell me i will get again I will get all images and edit my post gradually... Till that if u don't get anything clear please say links are as follows....

http://m.imgur.com/EIoha7B,5iav9d4,4tXQz45,rfYcBQN

http://m.imgur.com/jjIsfo2,RptMsaW,foXItkS,3xY6ij7,6WgNCc6

Edited by Ryan 1, 08 May 2015 - 07:47 AM.

#4 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:43 AM

Hi there,

Do you have a flash drive and another machine? What I need is the cleaning logs from AdwCleaner.

They are stored in C:\AdwCleaner. Please copy the textfile named AdwCleaner[R#].txt, with # is the largest number in all of the logfiles (this is the latest cleaning log) to your flash drive. Then transfer it to your other machine and post the log content in your next reply.

Alternatively you can transfer the logfile to your phone via a cable or Bluetooth and upload the file to a file hosting service (i.e. Dropbox), then copy the link into your next reply.

Regards,
Alex

#5 Ryan 1

Ryan 1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:01 AM

I don't find in adw folder can u help me no such name :(

#6 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:04 AM

Hi there,

Is there an AdwCleaner folder in your root drive? If it is there, please copy all logfiles in there and post their contents here.

Regards,
Alex

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:09 AM

Internet connectivity problems can occur for a variety of reasons to include corrupted networking software installation, third-party software inserting itself into the network adapter settings, misconfiguration or corruption issues with TCP/IP protocol stack and Winsock due to malformed LSP, deletion or incorrect removal of networking software and removal of a malware component which had inserted itself into the winsock. More advanced users may want to try NetAdapter Repair All In One, the Swiss army knife to fix common networking and winsock issues.

:step1: Sometimes just restarting a computer can restore a sudden lost Internet connection. Other times, the loss may be due to outages and disruptions within your ISP's network or the local tower. If using a satellite even extreme weather can cause a loss ot Internet connection. If rebooting did not restore the connection and there are no issues with your ISP, try to repair your Internet Connection with Windows Network Connection Repair & Troubleshooting Tool.
kb20157-002_en_v4.png.png

:step2: Reset and renew the IP address.

Press the WINKEY + R keys on your keyboard or click Start > Run and in the Open dialog box, type: cmd
* Click OK or press Enter. A dos Window will appear.
* To change to the ROOT directory (C:\>), at the command prompt type: cd \
* At the command prompt C:\>_, type: ipconfig /release
* Press Enter and reboot your computer.
ipconfig_4a.gif
If using Vista/Windows 7/8, use an elevated command prompt.
* Click the Start Orb and in the Search box, type: cmd
* Right-click on cmd.exe and select Run As Administrator (or use Ctrl+Shift+Enter).
* Click Yes if prompted by the User Account Control.

Alternatively, click the Start Orb > All Programs > Accessories, right-click Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator.
* At the command prompt C:\>_, type:ipconfig /release
* Press Enter.
* When the prompt comes back, type: ipconfig /renew
* Press Enter.
* Close the command box and and see if that fixes the connection. No reboot needed.

:step3: Flush the DNS resolver cache and register.

Press the WINKEY + R keys on your keyboard or click Start > Run and in the Open dialog box, type: cmd
* At the command prompt C:\>_, type: ipconfig /flushdns
* Press Enter.
* At the command prompt C:\>_, type: ipconfig /registerdns
* Press Enter.
354x64xflush-dns.jpg.pagespeed.ic.1jsLC-
* Right-click on cmd.exe and select Run As Administrator (or use Ctrl+Shift+Enter).

Alternatively, click the Start Orb > All Programs > Accessories, right-click Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator.
* At the command prompt C:\>_, type:ipconfig /release
* Press Enter.
* When the prompt comes back, type: ipconfig /flushdns
* Press Enter.
* You will get a confirmation that the flush was successful.
* At the command prompt C:\>_, type: ipconfig /registerdns
* Press Enter.
* Close the command box.

:step4: Most Internet connectivity problems arise out of corrupt Winsock settings due to the installation of a networking software or Malware infestation. This can usually be fixed by resetting the winsock.

* At the command prompt C:\>_, type: netsh winsock reset
netshcmdprompt.png

* At the command prompt C:\>_, type:netsh winsock reset

If needed, type these commands, one line at a time, pressing Enter after each.
netsh int ipv4 reset
netsh int ipv6 reset

You can also reset the TCP/IP protocol to its default state with this command, then pressing Enter.
netsh int ip reset

:step5: In some cases third-party software (good and bad) will insert itself into the network adapter settings. If not removed properly or inadvertently removed by security tools, loss of connectivity often results. For example, if AdwCleaner removes components related to Hotspot Shield or similar software, loss of Internet Connection will occur unless uninstalled first.
25e7e385-9327-4f7d-aab0-afa5aaf952ba_49.

:step6: Check/reset your network settings and Configure TCP/IP to use DNS.
* Go to Start > Control Panel, and choose Network Connections in XP or Network and Sharing Center > View or Manage network connections in Vista/Windows 7.
* Right-click on your default connection, usually Local Area Connection or connection that you want to change, and and choose Properties.
* Double-click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) or highlight it and select Properties in XP.
* Click the Networking tab, click either Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) in Vista/Windows 7/8, and choose Properties.
* Under the General tab, write down any settings in case you should need to change them back.
* Select the button that says "Obtain an IP address automatically" or make sure the DNS server IP address is the same as provided by your ISP.
* Select the button that says "Obtain DNS servers automatically".
f598cd96-6bf9-47be-942d-7d0b0afdbd88_47.
* If unknown Preferred or Alternate DNS servers are listed, uncheck the box that says "Use the following DNS server address".
* Click OK twice to get out of the properties screen and restart your computer. If not prompted to reboot go ahead and reboot manually.

CAUTION: It's possible that your ISP (Internet Service Provider) requires specific DNS settings here. Make sure you know if you need these settings or not BEFORE you make any changes or you may lose your Internet connection. If you're sure you do not need a specific DNS address, then you may proceed.

:step7: Check/Reset Proxy settings in case they have been altered.

If using Internet Explorer, please refer to Steps 4-7 under the section Automated Removal Instructions in this guide.
* Press the WINKEY + R keys on the keyboard or click the Start Orb > Run... , and in the Open dialog box, type: inetcpl.cpl
* Click OK or press Enter.

Alternatively, click the Start Orb and in the Search Box, type: the same command (inetcpl.cpl) as you would enter in the Run Open dialog box...then click on it in the list of displayed results.

* Click OK or press Enter.
* Click the Connections tab and continue following the instructions in the above guide to uncheck the checkbox labeled "Use a proxy server for your LAN".
uncheck-proxy.jpg
If using FireFox, refer to these instructions to check and configure Proxy Settings under Advanced Options > Network tab > Connection Settings.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#8 Ryan 1

Ryan 1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:41 AM

Wtf so awesome I can't belive I tried many things but 1 thing worked from cmd and that is I typed netsh winsock reset well that was awesome now I don't even get that Java error this forums is awesome I got my work done I appreciate your staff awesome fast reply and I rebooted it worked now just can u help me I have done mistake that is the folder of adw cleaner in c program I have put some file in my program Files as I thought it might have delete earlier file so I put some file from adware to program Files and I don't know how to install adw cleaner as it is not in my control panel u under uninstalling a program should I delete the adw file directly from c including tht file which I pasted in programming files?

#9 Ryan 1

Ryan 1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:02 AM

well i m little out of topic i just getting the same adds everywhere i try to install google add plus when it ask me to add i click on add but its says error timeout reload or cancel 2 option why does that happens? earlier i can install but now i cant why?

#10 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:07 AM

Hi there,

If you need assistance on removing malware, please post in either Am I Infected? or please follow the instructions in here and post your log in the Malware Removal Logs area.

Regards,
Alex

Edited by Alexstrasza, 08 May 2015 - 09:08 AM.

#11 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,141 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:02 PM

Please provide a link to your new topic.

#12 Ryan 1

Ryan 1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:17 PM

I M done well I don't know how to put where to post about how to remove adds help where to post?

#13 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,141 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:41 PM

You should start a new topic in the Am I infected? What do I do? forum for immediate assistance.

OR follow the instructions provided in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide starting at Step 6.
  • If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
  • In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running FRST which will create two logs.
When you have done that, post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.

Your choice as to which way to go. However, by following the Prep Guide you will receive expert assistance but may have to wait.

#14 tuchkina

tuchkina

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:20 AM

Well I think both CCleaner or AdwCleaner is not a best solution. For expert would be easy to see all pc processes which are running and detect them location, delete them, clean registry and etc. All additional software cause new things on your pc )

Nevertheless, any big and reliable antivirus soft will clean your pc without any popr ups or smth

#15 tuchkina

tuchkina

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:24 AM

Well I think both CCleaner or AdwCleaner is not a best solution. For expert would be easy to see all pc processes which are running and detect them location, delete them, clean registry and etc. All additional software cause new things on your pc )

Nevertheless, any big and reliable antivirus soft will clean your pc without any popr ups or smth

by the way techvirusremoval - they offer free pc support online - was working for me - they help me to clean my pc from PriceLEess

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users