Now it's svchost.exe, a Windows process that takes up most of your RAM, followed by Mozilla Firefox. What extensions and plugins do you have in it?
System File Checker (SFC)
Follow the instructions below to run a SFC scan on your system:
- On Windows Vista & 7, click on the Windows Start Menu, then enter cmd in the search box, right-click on the cmd icon and select Run as Administrator
- On Windows 8, drag your cursor in the bottom-left corner, and right-click on the metro menu preview, then select Command Prompt (Admin);
- On Windows 8.1, right click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner and select Command Prompt (Admin);
- Enter the command sfc /scannow (there's a space between "sfc" and "/scannow") and press on Enter;
- Let the scan run until the end (100%), then copy/paste in your next reply the message that is returned after;
- In addition, enter this next command in the command prompt you opened findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log > %userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt
- A file called sfcdetails.txt will be created on your desktop. Upload it to ge.tt and post the download link in your next reply.
Responce once 100% complete:
Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of th
Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example