Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard lights blink and stop working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cam0

Cam0

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:33 AM

So a week ago when I turned on my PC, I got this message "Main BIOS corrupted" or something and it loaded up some kind of back up BIOS. Ever since that happened I've had this weird problem with my keyboard. Every now and then (I feel like it happens more when I'm playing a video game) the lights on my keyboard blink for maybe half a second. While that is happening my keyboard stops responding to any button presses. Once it's over, my keyboard starts working like normal again. This happens relatively randomly. The interval isn't constant, sometimes I can play for over 10 minutes without it happening and other times it might happen twice within 30 seconds.

Another thing I noticed was that while using Skype my microphone and chat audio (I'm using an Astro Mixamp) stopped working in similar intervals as the keyboard. I had to restart the Mixamp by using the power button to make it work again. I had no problems with my game audio which I get through an optical cable, which is connected to the Mixamp. The microphone and chat audio work through an USB cable which also works as a power cord for the Mixamp. Another thing I noticed was when I switched the Skype's audio to a 3.5mm, I also have set up, (I've 3 ways of getting audio from my PC with the USB, optical and 3.5mm) I could hear my friend in Skype all the time, but the microphone still stopped working. This is why I've been suspecting some kind of USB problem, but I haven't had any problems with my mouse.

I tried switching USB ports, but that didn't help. I installed Logitech drivers, but that didn't help either. I couldn't find anyone with a similar problem by using Google. I'm not sure if the problem with my Mixamp and keyboard are connected. Could it be some kind of problem with my power supply? 

Keyboard: Logitech G710+
Headset: Astro A40 with the Mixamp

System specs

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
Display Memory: 4038 MB
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H

Edit: Now it is definitely happening to my mouse as well...

Edited by Cam0, 08 May 2015 - 11:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Game_For_Fun

Game_For_Fun

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 24 May 2015 - 02:29 PM

I had similar problem. I use Windows 7 and my brother decided to buy a new keyboard for his Dota2. He bought Razer BlackWidow Chroma. Expensive but cool device. We looking for a long time for it, read many forums like this. but when we connect it to the computer - it did not light at all. But after we install new drivers - all became fine

#3 Cam0

Cam0
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:04 PM

Perhaps I should report that I seemed to have fixed the problem by changing the Legacy USB support settings in BIOS. I disabled EHCI support and enabled XHCI. I think that's what they were called anyway. Legacy USB support is enabled. I don't know how that did it for me, but it worked. Hopefully my power supply or motherboard won't explode in a massive ball of fire in the near future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users