COMPUTER KEEPS RANDOMLY WAKING UP!
This is your heading, so why have you activated Sleep Mode ??
How to prevent sleep mode - Windows 7
To prevent the computer from automatically going to sleep mode after being idle for some time. Here is how it is done on Windows 7.
Start button > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options
On the Power Options control panel you can also create a second power plan configured this way.
In Windows 7 there are three plans:
- Balanced (sleeps in 30 minutes),
- Power saver (15 min) and
- High performance (Never sleep).
Two are always visible, but the third one is often hidden. The third one can be made visible by clicking "Show additional plans".
To prevent sleep while any program is scanning, just select the "High performance" plan.
You can also just edit your current power plan:
Go to the Power Options control panel
On the left hand menu, select "Change when the computer sleeps"
Change the "Put the computer to sleep" value to "Never".
My computers are configured to "never sleep", as sometimes I may do a scan that takes over 2 hours.
Reset as above, then run this online scanner that will take over 2 hours (on average)
Run ESET Online Scanner.
- For Microsoft Internet Explorer users only (preferred), hold down Control (Ctrl) and click on This Link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
- Click the ESET Online button.
- For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
- Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu. to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu icon on your desktop.
- Click the Start button.
- Accept any security warnings from your browser.
- Temporarily Disable your Antivirus
- Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives and Remove Threats"
- Click Advanced settings and be sure to select the following:
Scan potentially unwanted applications
Scan for potentially unsafe applications
Enable Anti-Stealth technology
- ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer.
- Please be patient as this will take some time (NOTE: Over 2 hours is not unusual for a first scan).
- When the scan completes, click List Threats
- Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Copy and Paste the contents of this report in your next reply.
- Click the Back button.
- Click the Finish button.
NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.
Thank You -
Edited by noknojon, 18 May 2015 - 11:26 PM.